Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I don't have the taste for sugar anymore page

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member

Well, I don't have the taste for sugar anymore

So I just did something really bad that now I completely regret. I ate some cheese cake. This might sound too bad, but I ate it because I stress eat and a whole lot of stuff just happened at once. Ugh! Always seems to happen that way. I wouldn't feel so lousy about it, if I ate it because I really wanted it, not because of stress.

Trying to be an optimist, I found out that even though I used less then half cup of sugar to make the cheese cake (for my boyfriend) the cheese cake tasted incredibly too sweet to me. I never remember cheese cake, or really anything, tasting soo sweet before. I came to the conclusion I really don't like this kind of food anymore. It's just too sweet. I'm already starting to get a head ache from the sugar and wheat. I know tomorrow I am going to feel like I spent the night drinking. I much rather have had a smoothie made with cream and blueberries. Hopefully I can use this as a learning experience. Avoidance therapy or something.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

saarx1 is offline Senior Member
    yeah when you get less addicted to sugar by stop eating so much of it as western society does, when you eat some western foods such as cheese cake you find out that it contains way too much sugar.
    i might be wrong but i think the head ache is just psychologic response made by your over reacting. nothing bad happened, dont over react so much, its ok.

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure it not just a psychological response. This happens any time I have something that contains wheat or wheat and sugar. I just haven't had actual large amount of non-primal food in a long time. A few months a go, I had a handful of honey wheat crackers, didn't get the head ache right away however, the next day I really paid for it. Few hours after eating sugar and wheat, I can sure feel it. I was just surprised with how much my tastes have changed.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    A couple of months ago I had a peanut buster parfait, which used to be my go-to special treat. It was icky sweet. I felt more yucky eating it than I did the next day, but at this point I can't say I will ever want one again. The memory of it at this point is just....ICK.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

jturk is offline Senior Member
    The headache is almost definitely physiologic - sugar is headache fuel.

Violette is offline Senior Member
    I had a few supermarket blackberries last night. They tasted way too sweet. I had to freeze the rest of them. Then, I can bring out a couple to mix with yogurt. These mass produced berries are way too sugarful. They must be "bred" for sweetness and long shelf life. I never noticed the sweetness when I was having a lot of fruit each day.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    I think the headache is real. I remember the last time i ate a glazed donut (at work) about 7 or 8 years ago. OMG. Like 30 minutes afterwards I had a headache & my teeth felt like they were gonna fall out of my head! I never really like donuts & boy did that remind me why!

pacificBeef is offline Senior Member
    when i stress eat I cook a steak

ErikaE is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jturk View Post
    The headache is almost definitely physiologic - sugar is headache fuel.
    I agree, I am starting to get sugar headaches now, even about "cheats" I don't feel guilty about.

As for the cheesecake tasting too sweet -- definitely, this is happening to me more and more too. And not just with food I eat directly. Yesterday my husband ate toast with honey and cinnamon on it, and a full hour later, kissed me. UGH!!! I was actually totally turned off by the residual taste of sickly sweet sugar in his mouth! It caught me by surprise.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” -- Joseph Campbell

spincycle is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My tastes are shifting too. I was in a burger joint and they had a promo for their chocolate cake milkshake, and all I could think was "Blah, that would be SO sweet!" The thought of drinking it turned my stomach. I love that this is happening because before PB I was a chocolate and ice cream fiend, and would have gobbled that up without thinking twice. I would have thought that changing my taste for sweetness would have been impossible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast