Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cold Shower Challenge page

phildrolet is offline Member

The Cold Shower Challenge

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey primal peeps!

I think you will enjoy this.

I true Grok fashion, I recently took the Cold Shower Challenge, and kissed my hot showers goodbye for a month. I had no idea what would happen... Surprisingly it turned out to be the best experiences of my life.

Read my account here How I Crushed “The 30-Day Cold Shower Challenge” & The Great Life Secret I Discovered |

Let me know what you think, and better yet, step up to the challenge yourself!

Phil

Liam is offline Member
    Great stuff for finishing the challenge. Not for me at this point methinks, but I kinda like the idea of going for an ocean swim every morning instead (I live near the beach)

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    I started taking colder showers a few weeks ago and it's pretty refreshing. I have to ease into the shower, though, or my heart does flip flops.

Liam, I can only imagine how amazing a morning ocean swim would be. You lucky son of a gun, go for that swim!
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

PrimalJones is offline Junior Member
    i usually take warm showers myself, then when Im done cleansing I slowly inch the water down to full cold side and soak it up for a few minutes, it's as refreshing as I need . Ive never showered straight cold, on purpose.

phildrolet is offline Member
    Liam: Morning ocean swim beats a cold shower that's for sureeeeeee! I live about a 15 minute bike ride from the beach, so super close all things considered, but just a little out of reach for the morning wake up!

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Cold showers are awesome! I can't remember the last time I used any hot water to shower. Then again, I live in Georgia and it's summer. The "cold" tap water isn't even that cold. And it's really hot outside, so it always feels good. But I took only cold showers in the winter also. Refreshing!

sixtoesgirl is offline Member
    I love this! I started my challenge last night. The post-workout cold shower was awesome this morning, too!

Lukys is offline Member
    I used to complain about the fact that the showers at college take 5 minutes to warm up. Now I relish the cold water whilst it lasts, and then enjoy a cheeky 5 minutes of warm water when it does warm up.
    I love being able to enjoy things

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i got to "enjoy" 11 days of cold showers post-Ike, a few years ago. Even in the sweltering heat & humidity, i was never able to linger one minute longer under that cold water than necessary.

ciep is online now Senior Member
    Awesome blog post! Quoting directly...

"...the little voice in my head kept saying “Dude, this is gonna SUCK!” Uuuh. Well, I wasn’t about to back down, so there was only one thing left to do. I told the little voice to shut up, gathered all my courage, and stepped in.

Holy shit. The little voice was right! It was shockingly cold and it sucked: I was gasping for air, then I started screaming, and then I pretty much just freaked out. I couldn’t handle it. I was out less than a minute..."

This has been my experience with cold showers thus far. Your blog has inspired me to give it another shot though!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast