Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cold Shower Challenge page

phildrolet is offline Member

The Cold Shower Challenge

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys,

I think you will enjoy this.

I true Grok fashion, I recently took the Cold Shower Challenge, and kissed my hot showers goodbye for a month. I had no idea what would happen... Surprisingly it turned out to be the best experiences of my life.

You can read about it here http://www.thefeelgoodlifestyle.com/...iscovered.html

Check it out and let me know what you think! Better yet, step up to the challenge

Phil
    Last edited by phildrolet; 08-10-2011 at 11:01 PM.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    this would be possible, only in a climate where it is warm and/or you have good insulation and heating. because otherwise, like me, even warm-ish showers are kinda out except for every 3rd day. it's too chilly.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i'll take up a month of saunas challenge, though.

Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    How cold is your cold water? In Phoenix my sumer time cold water is warm! about 72-74... Winter is normal about 68F Up here in Thule the water comes from an Arctic lake and is REALLY COLD! I haven't measured it but it is probably low 60's.. But then our hot water can scald you!
    So makes a big differnce inlocation. I usually start luke warm and then dive to cold... always end as cold as I can stand...which up here is pretty damn cold!
    Living the dream, inside a myth

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I don't have a lot of vices ... no smoking, no drinking... you'll take my warm shower over my dead body
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

mammlouk is offline Member
    I did the cold shower thing for awhile after a post about "James Bond" showers over at the Art of Manliness. The biggest problem was that I hate getting up in the morning enough without adding torture to the list. I did always feel more vital right afterward though. The other problem was that it was winter and snowy so the water seriously felt like it was freezing. With summer in full swing I generally take my showers with a little bit of luke warm water to start and quickly cut down to just cold water which actually feel like the perfect temp, especially after a day of working out in the yard or playing with the kids. We will see how it goes when it chills off again. The colder water definitely makes you feel awake and manly (in the case of men), but it can be brutal in the midst of winter.
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Nicodemus is offline Junior Member
    I would always get in warm and gradually get it colder till the second half of the shower was cold. This let me take them without feeling terrible. Also any water grok would have been in would have been at the surface of the ground not from deep underground like our ground water is. So "cold" can be anywhere form freezing to about room temperature. Work your way down to as cold as your shower will go and for everyone that isn't always possible.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    I never liked hot showers, and have been doing cold rinse for years; helps close pores.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

phildrolet is offline Member
    Thanks for the input guys!

Re: Being too cold in the wintertime... Its winter here in Perth, and the week I started this challenge, my house was like 12C/56F (no heating here). So to be totally honest, I don't consider that to be an excuse. We can always come up with a justification for not doing something, or we can just do it. Lately, I've started choosing the latter and my life has soared in all areas.

At the end of the day, the cold shower challenge might not be for everyone, but the idea of pushing our edges and making ourselves uncomfortable everyday is something we should all embrace IMOl!
    Last edited by phildrolet; 08-12-2011 at 04:10 AM.

mammlouk is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No offense Phil, but you really can't compare winter in Perth where your average low according to the burreau of meteorology is 46F to somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere that has an average low of 14F or less.
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast