Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Cold Shower Challenge page 3

mammlouk is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I love a good cool/cold shower right before bed after a warm summer day. It cools you right down and doesn't keep me awake at all. I know some people have issues sleeping after a shower, but not me.
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I've been lowering the water temp all summer because the gym showers are FRIGID unless no one has showered for a while. Even then, it lasts for about 1 minute. I take faster showers when it's cold, so it's a great way to conserve the water/heat bill!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The_Spartan is offline Junior Member
    This sounds pretty damn good, gotta live up to my name, so starting this today!

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Dabbled in trying cold showers here and there. Tried last week sometime, got in with warm water and turned it down to cold with a little warm water still coming through (pure cold water is practically like ice here). Got out expecting to feel the warm air, but it was freezing, thus discouraging.

Darbyfett is offline Member
    It's the wrong time of year for me to give a try. In summer, "cold" is perfect room temp.

Bioletti is offline Member
    Tried it this weekend. Brrrrrrrrr...good thing it's almost summer where I'm at. I recommend starting with a cold you can tolerate and work the degrees down slowly.
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

billp is offline Senior Member
    I go straight in now before the water has got warm. Really gets my heart going! I try and get the cold water everywhere. Am not so hard core as to have a fully cold shower though.

WendyLady is offline Junior Member
    I had to give up hot showers for two months once, because of travels. It really was amazing. When I got home I continued taking cool showers for a long time - until a cold winter, I think. LOL

I would really *like* a cold shower here! But with temperatures over 100 F (40 C) every day and our water coming from a rooftop storage tank, we have to shower first thing in the morning when it is the coolest just to not get scalded! Lately I'm hurrying because they're just too hot.

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I'm always in for a challenge!
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

billp is offline Senior Member
    I have spent time in Muscat and those scalding hot showers from the cold tap are fun. Ow ow ow! Muscat is a very nice city, and even better now they built all those motorways so you don't get stuck in traffic all the time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123