Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yogurt page

Laurel730 is offline Member

Yogurt

Primal Fuel
    I am doing very well on the primal, I have lost 6 pounds in a lil over a week more or less however I have the hardest time and I mean hardest time giving up my full fat voskos honey greek yogurt and I have been having that every single day now for a week. I know it's prolly something I shouldn't be having tho. Everything else like breads, cookies, pastries and candies I have not a care for which is good.
    I realize now, we are no different than our ancestors from millenniums ago. We are just cavemen with technology.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Full fat Greek yogurt is great. Honey is at least natural. Officially, no, you shouldn't have it, or should have it for a rare treat. IMHO if that's the one non-primal thing you are doing and you are losing weight and you feel fine and having the yogurt makes primal work for you, eat it. But then again, I have refused to say that I am primal because I eat lots of potatoes.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    If you could try to slowly replace it with a natural full-fat version, maybe over a couple of weeks?

Laurel730 is offline Member
    I needed an honest opinion, I am planning to go off yogurt for a while and see how that works for me. I will not give up my whipped cream, berries and nuts but that should be fine anyways, right?
    I realize now, we are no different than our ancestors from millenniums ago. We are just cavemen with technology.

landerson22 is offline Junior Member
    i eat fage 2% yogurt from the store its super cheap and filling i think. i usually have a cup with berries or mangoes everynight. if no yogurt than try eating cottage cheese with berries! i think it works great and taste good! berries and heavy cream is delicous to but extreamly addicting! hope this helps

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    If you're eating it now and still losing weight, why worry?

Rebecca M. is offline Junior Member

An idea

Hi,

I've been doing something you might enjoy.
    Full-fat goat yogurt, plain, and I add liquid Stevia to taste.
    Kal brand Stevia seems to have no aftertaste and the goat's milk is easier digested by humans than cows milk. I think it's really amazing tasting. Mark says Stevia is all right for Primal eating, as is a little honey.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaish View Post
    +1
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaish View Post
    I'd be careful with a statement like that. Paleo/primal are just as much (if not more) about reducing inflammation than just becoming/staying lean.

That said, honey (sugar) and yogurt may not be the most ideal choice but in the scheme of things it almost certainly isn't something to worry about.

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petriquor View Post
    I'd be careful with a statement like that. Paleo/primal are just as much (if not more) about reducing inflammation than just becoming/staying lean.

That said, honey (sugar) and yogurt may not be the most ideal choice but in the scheme of things it almost certainly isn't something to worry about.
    Good point. Since I have no problem with dairy, I tend to forget that sometimes other do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast