Thread: My plan? page

ar0e is offline Member

My plan?

I've ben reading some older posts and saw that someone said doing tabata intervals with kettlebell swings is just as good as doing a 20 minute sprint interval workout. Is this true? I can definitely commit to 4 minutes of kettlebells easier than 20 minutes of sprints! I need to lose about 40lbs. and I would like to do it by the end of this year, tell me if this is a good plan:

Daily:
    walk my dog for at least 4 miles a day at a speed of 4 mph. (don't worry she's a highly active breed )

3 days a week:
    Kettlebell swings for HIIT using tabata

Opposite 3 days:
    Full body kettlebell and PBF body weight workout, using tabata intervals

I've got the eating in check, I just need help on the fitness part.

landerson22 is offline Junior Member
    looks great kettlebells are awesome. be sure to mix it up tho do some presses and turkish get ups with the swings and your golden

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Doing Tabata intervals this much is not a good idea and you can't compare a 4 min swing Tabata to 20 minutes of sprints. My advice would be to alternate what you have here with some actual sprinting.

Nicodemus is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    Doing Tabata intervals this much is not a good idea and you can't compare a 4 min swing Tabata to 20 minutes of sprints. My advice would be to alternate what you have here with some actual sprinting.
    I second the "actual sprinting" comment. I hadn't sprinted since college and the feeling of every 2 weeks or so (alternating weeks) feeling that you have actually improved your speed is much more satisfying and confidence boosting than being a little less tired after a Tabata for me.