Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Government against fresh foods (might have bacteria), recommends syrup page

Grok is offline Senior Member

Government against fresh foods (might have bacteria), recommends syrup

Primal Fuel
    As locally produced, natural foods gain popularity at the expense of mass-produced, processed foods, government is stepping in to put a stop to it
    the bureaucrats told her to use strawberry syrup or irradiated strawberries instead of fresh strawberries (because fresh ones could have bacteria)
    The Scoop on Illinois

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Oh wow that's bad! Reminds me of Food Inc!

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    Make no mistake, the FDA doesn't want you to eat what they do not control. From kids curbside lemonade stands, Church bake sales to the recently raided Rawsome foods, the FDA HATES whole foods that they do not control.
    Congress has given FDA the authority to regulate food, and they believe that there is no such thing as a right to acquire any given food and "there is no generalized right to bodily and physical health."
    Our founding fathers are turning over in their graves:
    “If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.”

Thomas Jefferson.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave RN View Post
    “If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.”

Thomas Jefferson.
    I think this calls for the following. WHATTHEFUCKHE'SAWARLOCK!
    How often do you get such an obviously occuring prophecy!?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    I think this calls for the following. WHATTHEFUCKHE'SAWARLOCK!
    How often do you get such an obviously occuring prophecy!?
    Don't read much of the Founding Father's writings do you? Pretty much everything warned about has come true...

(Yes, I know it's another country but I read other country's stuff too...)
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Don't read much of the Founding Father's writings do you? Pretty much everything warned about has come true...

(Yes, I know it's another country but I read other country's stuff too...)
    I'm descended from loyalists.... There's a good chance our ancestors tried to kill each other.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

I'm descended from loyalists.... There's a good chance our ancestors tried to kill each other.
    mine were in prussia & uk at the time I find it hard to believe what you say is true

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    mine were in prussia & uk at the time I find it hard to believe what you say is true
    Nevermind then. And seriously, the americans outnumbered the British 10 to 1 (exaggeration), so I don't get how their victory was great in the slightest. They were more like Xerxes than the Spartans.

Nevermind then. And seriously, the americans outnumbered the British 10 to 1 (exaggeration), so I don't get how their victory was great in the slightest. They were more like Xerxes than the Spartans.
    analogies aren't you strong suit

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    You guys, seriously. The FDA is not S.P.E.C.T.R.E. or the Galactic Empire. They don't "hate food they don't control." They're just trying to protect the greatest number of people from the most egregious threats to public health. Is there a lot of room for improvement? Of course, it's a freaking government bureaucracy. Personally, I think it would be much better if their policies were patterned after their European counterparts - more focus on preventative measures and helping vendors/processors adhere to proper sanitation procedures rather than the more reactionary role they tend to have. However, trying to paint the FDA as some sort of malicious, conspiracy-riddled boogeyman is ridiculous and counterproductive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast