Thread: tried to gain weight, now can't stop binging...help! page

grok_wonk is offline Member

tried to gain weight, now can't stop binging...help!

Primal Fuel
    So, I lost a bit too much weight on PB and began forcing myself to overeat, as I didn't think my body's natural signals were doing the trick. I also used the desire to gain weight as an excuse to overindulge on nuts/dark chocolate/paleo "desserts." The combination of getting out of whack with my body's signals + the binging habits I've developed (whereas I used to be able to limit myself to one or two squares of dark chocolate, I now feel a bizarre compulsion to eat the whole thing in one sitting, and can mindlessly munch through 2 entire baking blocks of Scharffen Berger 99% unsweetened in 1 sitting, for instance...) is making me feel terrible, and my "weight gain" plan worked a little too well. I'm now finding it difficult to stop compulsive overeating/binging on paleo food!

Any advice for getting back in tune with my body and curbing the bad habits I've developed??

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    stop buying it, pay attention when you eat
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    oh i've been there, even before going paleo. to get back on it, you bite the bullet, get rid of all the junk in your environment(house/work), and decide to start eating less.

lately, i've been eating slowly. not at the computer, tv or reading a book. just eating. chew slow, enjoy every bite, what i find is that i'm full and don't want to eat anymore after i'm done the meal. the idea is to chew the food slow till it turns to mush.

peril is offline Senior Member
    How do you lose too much weight on PB?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    Hey, this happened to me. I got down to ~8 pounds less than I am now, which is pretty frickin lean, and I thought it was a little much. I tried to gain by eating (a really good aged) cheddar cheese all the time, and even put mayo on the menu. It looks like you went the carb route (I went the fat route -- btw, proof for me that one can gain on vlc) -- but it was a bummer how I went a bit over my goal just like you. Anyway, go cold-turkey on the gaining foods. Its a taste habit and it can be broken. Dairy has a way of reeling me in, but abstinence makes me forget it, and cravings go away, inevitably. You need to clean house and grocery shop anew. Go super simple -- back to basics -- and focus on protein.