Thread: Low blood sugar page

Low blood sugar

Primal Fuel
    I went to get a blood test this week, because I have a problem with drowsiness in the daytime and I wanted to see if anything was wrong. All my results came back good, except that my blood sugar was very low; the doctor asked if I had been fasting, and I hadn't, I'd just had a big omelet.

Does anybody know what it means if you have low blood sugar? Could it be related to my fatigue? Could it be related to laying off the carbs?

Betho is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can tell you it's definitely related to the fatigue. I went primal because of blood sugar issues... the grains/high carbs were causing a blood sugar spike and then when it crashed I was so exhausted, I'd be dizzy and pretty much worthless. I could barely manage to survive the day. Part of that is due to pregnancy but when I increased the fat in my diet from going primal it made a tremendous difference.

Now, having said that, if you are already eating primal then I have no idea. Maybe more fat? I'm not in a position to advise since I'm new to primal and also still very tired all the time due to pregnancy... it's just a "different" tired than I get from a blood sugar crash.