Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: heavy weight sprinters page

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member

heavy weight sprinters

Shop Now
    i was wondering if there were any other really heavy weight guys and gals here doing sprints on a regular basis?

i currently weigh in at 355lbs and last night did my first hill sprint session. it went pretty good i think, odd thing is today the really only things that are sore is my calves a bit and my traps, why those are sore im not sure. i can feel aches just about everywhere in my body but those are the only two places id say were sore

anyways i did barefoot sprints on 2 different hills, the first one was about 50 yards on about a 5-10% grade. i would run it and then walk back and run it again, i did that 6 times.
    the second hill was much steeper, id say about 30-35% grade and about 50 feet high. more of a mound then a hill but i did that 12 times, sprinting up as hard as i could then walking back down and catching my breath then doing it again. every time i would come back down id say to myself that was the last one and then i would just do it again, it was great. i found that my breathing started getting easier and it took less time to catch my breath as i got into doing it more, does that sound normal?

i cant wait to shed this excess weight, these hills should be easy!
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I guess weighing in somewhere between 210-200 for a woman would put me in the heavy category and yes I do run sprints. I also run them barefoot and love them. I pretty much go full bore on them and I go to a local bike/walk path that has differing levels of grades for mine. I try to do 10-20 min of sprints once to twice a week. The very first sprint run, I ended up having charlie horses in my calves the following morning and I supp with potassium and magnesium daily. The second time, no pains/cramps whatsoever. Sprints definitely help to change body comp and its awesome to see and feel that.

id say my sprints were about 10 seconds full out and then 1-3 minutes rest over 20 total repetitions so about 3 minutes of sprinting. that seems like a pretty good time i think but im not sure

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I count out 60 seconds then sprint again. I include the rest time in my sprint time. If I try to break it up between sprint/rest, that's just too much math for me to deal with.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    I have sprinted a couple of times , but i found that to be an easy way to knock my eloctrlites off for days. I enjoyed doing it nad knowing i coudl do it, but alas i think my metabolic shape is still too poor.

I am currently at 372
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    I have sprinted a couple of times , but i found that to be an easy way to knock my eloctrlites off for days. I enjoyed doing it nad knowing i coudl do it, but alas i think my metabolic shape is still too poor.
    I am currently at 372
    how do you know if your electriltes are off?

BryanC is offline Member
    Chained to an Art Board in Washington State
    WOW! Hat's off! I weigh a lot more than you, but I still don't think I'll try it until I'm 300. I'm NOT warning you against it -- I hope I didn't sound that way? For me it's Sprints/HIIT on a stationary bike. GREAT JOB! Chew it UP, GROKmeister! Keep the rest of us biggies up to date on you progress.
    I'm just your average, legendary superhero, trapped in a lump of flesh.

Scottish Highland Games: a sport where the fat kid gets picked FIRST.

body pain that doesnt go away with sleep i have to use BioPlasma to get right, but i always forget that is whats up till i am in so much pain i cant walk, then /facepalm and go get another bottle

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

thanks bryan, im pretty tall at 6'5" so that does help quite a bit. of course i havent ran since i was a freshman in high school 20+ years ago, im sure it was quite a sight to see lol
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    thanks bryan, im pretty tall at 6'5" so that does help quite a bit. of course i havent ran since i was a freshman in high school 20+ years ago, im sure it was quite a sight to see lol
    Actually probably not the way you think. I did 6 sprints in the time it took a woman to meet me from the other end of the block, this stranger asked me if i was training for a marathon and she seemed rather impressed that i was doing it.. I saw no dissaproval in her eyes and trust me i know when i see that.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast