Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you drink?? page

Finnabair is offline Senior Member

What do you drink??

Primal Fuel
    I'm about two days into the Paleo idea.

What do you drink? I do like water, but I'm both a tea and coffee drinker, too.

Starbucks Vanilla Latte. Don't tell me I have to give that up.

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Water, water, and then more water.

Green or rooibus tea, or some other kind of decaffinated black tea.

Occasionally decaf coffee if I am not restricting dairy.

Give two weeks without the vanilla lattes. You will be amazed at how your tastes have changed, and it will taste burned, syrupy sweet, and entirely unsatisfying.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    water, water with lemon juice, tea, mostly green and herbal, sometimes white or black; coffee pre-workout.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Velociraptor is offline Junior Member
    Finnabair, I feel your pain, I work at Starbucks. I have switched to espresso macchiato with no added sugar. It is a simple and luscious drink, two shots of espresso topped with foam from the heavy cream. In coffee I just use cream and a bit of stevia. Now, I will say that stevia is not exactly primal, but I am still new to this so I choose that for my 20%

Good luck on the lattes, they were hard for me to give up as well, however, I do feel better with my clothes getting to big

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    coffee, all types of tea (loose leaf son), water with and without lemon... I use dairy cream or coconut milk when I feel like it. I guess that's it.

I don't know what's in a vanilla late but if it's from starbucks then its probably entirely too sweet if they sweeten it for you. They probably have to add some vanilla flavoring which is going to be a lot of sugar. Switch to regular coffee with heavy cream and add a bit of sugar as you learn to wean off the stuff. Anything with sugar nowadays is just way too sweet as I don't add it to anything.

I can't even drink gin and tonics anymore the tonic is just way too sweet. I have to do half tonic/half soda... or drink it on the rocks with a splash of tonic

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    I drink yerba mate in the afternoons at work. You might want to try it if you want something other than tea or coffee.

Coffee, water, tea, coconut milk, & an occasional glass of wine with dinner. The 20% does help with the Caramel Cream Latte from my java house, but that is a rare treat.
    Primal Krista
    The Paleo Lifestyle

Current primal weight: 134lbs (9/9/11)

mercop is offline Member
    Luckily I am have always been a water drinker. Drank a lot of Mountain Dew when I was in the Army. And recently started drinking the Mountain Dew Throwback. I am been primal for a week, and just turned the Dew off like a light switch. I have 1-3 cups of coffee a day with Splenda and splash of milk..is that OK?- George

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I have one up of coffee in the morning with cream and stevia. Other than that, it's usually water with a little lemon in it. Wine sometimes as a treat or a stevia-sweetened soft drink.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Water, coffee with 35% cream, cognac, gluten free beer..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast