Thread: Primal thinking in Japan page

Bratch is offline Member

Primal thinking in Japan

Shop Now
    Had a interesting discussion with the wife is from Japan regarding the whole PB concept. She sees the affect its having on me, and is willing to give a shot (to an extent). She is still stuck on the CW, and its hard to change.

Was wondering if anyone has heard of any literature/articles from Japan? Thought it would be nice to have her read it in Japanese and maybe show thats its just not us crazy Americans thinking like this.

Plan to show her some of the before and after pictures here on WDA.

Thanks

Bratch

JpGrok is offline Senior Member
    Hey Bratch, my wife is Japanese too and as you know the CW in Japan is very much rice, rice, rice. I too had a hard time explaining way I wanted to go primal and although I've only recently got properly serious the results so far (especially on mood and blood sugar) have my wife convinced. She is now nearly as primal as me and life is good.

I did a search for the appropriate Japanese phrases although pasting them here might result in the Japanese text going strange. The best things to search for on the internet for Japanese viewers are:

1. tei inshurin daietto (low insulin diet)
    2. genshi jin daietto (palaeolithic diet)
    3. pareo daietto (paleo diet)

Sadly, there isn't too much information out there in Japanese. The way I explained to my wife is that simple carbs cause your blood sugar to rise and then crash. I asked her to try it for a week and she was totally convinced. If you live in Japan the most difficult thing is finding the ingredients but modern day foraging is part of the fun.

This is the only Japanese book I found (search for the ISBN on Japanese Amazon (co.jp).

ISBN-10: 4106005131 (Genshi jin kenko gaku)

Good luck! JpGrok
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Bueller

JpGrok Journal

Jarrett is offline Junior Member
    Hey Bratch, I live and work in Tokyo and JpGrok is right on their being a lack of info/material on the subject. I have heard of low-carb catching on here and there (likely just a fad though since there's been so many diet fads come and go in Japan), however. Anyway, to support the movement, I'm blogging on PB living in English and will be make it bilingual as I go. Only problem is the info I'll be referencing like MDA will all be in English too. I guess my Japanese readers will just have to take my word for it ;-)

My blog's at PrimalTokyo if you're curious and want to take a look. No Japanese up yet, but I'll start translating very soon as I have some time over the next 2-3 months.

Jarrett is offline Junior Member
    Hey Bratch, I've finally gotten around to getting the ball rolling on the Japanese blog and boy is it rolling :-) I think I might be the only paleo/primal blogger (foreign OR Japanese) blogging in Japanese. Have your wife check it out if you think she'd be interested.

http://www.genkigenshijin.com

Jarrett (TokyoJay)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Had a interesting discussion with the wife is from Japan regarding the whole PB concept. She sees the affect its having on me, and is willing to give a shot (to an extent). She is still stuck on the CW, and its hard to change.

Was wondering if anyone has heard of any literature/articles from Japan? Thought it would be nice to have her read it in Japanese and maybe show thats its just not us crazy Americans thinking like this.

Plan to show her some of the before and after pictures here on WDA.

Thanks

Bratch

NeoPaleo is offline Junior Member
    Hey, I'm resurrecting this thread just to see if anyone knows of any new Japanese Paleo/Primal online resources that may have popped-up in in the last year. I have a few Japanese friends that I'm trying to explain peleo to, but their English is quite up to it.

Thanks,
    Greg