Thread: anyone have Hashimoto's page

anyone have Hashimoto's

Primal Fuel
    I have been tested for a thyroid disorder it came back that I don't have one. My Thyroid antibodies were through the roof (I maxed out the test) and the doc told me that meant that I will have a thyroid disorder I just don't have one yet. In looking into this I read that the presence of any thyroid antibodies means that one has Hashimoto's... So my question is does anyone see any improvement being primal? The dietary recommendations to treat Hashi with food are to give up gluten, and possibly other foods (eggs and dairy, coffee, etc) because Hashi isn't a thyroid disorder but rather an immune response that causes a thyroid disorder.

I really appreciate feedback...this is just too frustrating.

ab

kbn1 is offline Senior Member
    A chiropractor I know has Hashimoto's and seems to be able to manage it pretty well with diet and supplementation. As far as I know, she is not paleo/primal, but she does limit grains. In fact it was her recommendation to give up grains and subsequent google searches that led me to MDA. Coincidentally, she is in Minneapolis. PM me if you want her contact info.
    Last edited by kbn1; 08-10-2011 at 07:22 AM.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Give a search regarding hypothyroidism. There are a number of us with thyroid issues. I have hypothyroidism, probably autoimmune, so Hashis (I have a gluten sensitivity). Since getting in PB around 6 months ago, my need for meds has dropped every few months. I don't know if I will continue, but I have gone from needing 50 mcg of cytomel (T3) to 37.5, and I just got tested yesterday and will call later today and see if I need less now. If you are at the early phase where you have antibodies, but it hasn't resulted in any destruction of your thyroid yet, you are very fortunate. I wouldn't be surprised if PB eating stopped the antibody production or slowed it down anyways. I would also look at doing what you can to minimize the stress in your life. My thyroid issues came on around 16 years ago during a period of extremely high stress in my life.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I read Kharrain's book last night and this morning....it made me very angry that the endo doc said wait until you have a thyroid disorder...why wait...let me work on it now.....now I just need to find someone that knows the protocol. I am doing the elimination protocol starting asap. Thanks.