Page 2 of 204 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (FlyNavyWife) page 2

Shop Now

Do you have any stores that are all-natural near you? Over here we have Trader Joes, Marlene's & Whole Foods.

You should be able to find some sensibly priced 'specialty' items that you can't find in regular stores, like unsweetened coconut and a wide range in nut butters (I am going to make my own Almond Butter soon - Mark put a recipe up for that).

Too bad hubby isn't joining you. I am surprised as heck to see mine eating this way (even though when we went out to dinner, the other night, he went RIGHT back to a burger with fries! Oh well, can win 'em all! ;-)

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

We have none of those things... there is a VERY small farmer's market (just discovered it... they only had a few things and no meat though) and a gourmet shop (the owner is willing to order a lot of things she doesn't currently carry, but she mostly deals in shelf-stable things, not meat or produce, so hopefully I can get nut butters and coconut from her... have to go check it out soon).

My husband might come around to it... he's already acting very curious about the changes that are going on in my body so far (no mid-meal hunger, more energy though that could also be me recovering from surgery more fully, possibly already lost a little weight).

Today we went out to lunch and I had a salad with pine nuts and some other stuff in it, with seared tuna on top. He got a steak and asked me if cole-slaw was a primal food. haha. He might go primal later... for now he's holding steady to his habits though.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Day 3:

Protein: 85g

Carbs: 43g

Fat: 83g

Calories: 1223

B: 3 pieces of homemade breakfast sausage, half a cup of blueberries

L: mixed greens with lots of toasted pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, yellow bell peppers, a tiny bit of feta cheese, oil and vinegar... topped with ahi tuna (it was very peppery so I didn't eat a lot)... some of my husband's steak, and a few bites of salmon.

D: leftover turkey burger with mustard, asparagus with ranch dressing (probably not primal, but hey).

Might have a pear or some blueberries or something for dessert...

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Also, tomorrow is girls' night at olive garden... excited about the salad (tried to go easy on it before because of the fatty dressing but... yum), but if anyone has menu suggestions that are primal-ish (I know they'll probably have too much sodium as most menu options do at chain restaurants), let me know!

Nick Guest

Looking at the menu for my zipcode (may vary from region to region), there's basically two entrees you should look at: the venetian apricot chicken, and the herb-grilled salmon. Each is just paired with broccoli, asparagus, etc. and no potatoes or pasta, although the apricot sauce on the chicken may have some sugar on it.

All the soups have beans or something in them, and the only appetizer that really doesn't include bread is the mussels.

Thanks... not a fan of mussels/oysters/clams here, so I'll be sticking with the salad and probably that salmon, but I'll have to check out price/portion sizes (it'd be cool to have leftovers for Saturday). Why didn't I think to look it up online? haha.

Also random thing... today was my post-op follow up appointment, and my husband was staring at the blood pressure readout as the cuff calculated my blood pressure... I could just see in his eyes that he wanted to see if it was higher than usual. Usually it's 110 over whatever... sometimes a bit higher, sometimes a bit lower. Today? 105. ha!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Ha! Awesome on the BP!

As for Olive Garden (they are sooo good, arent they?) I would check and see what sides they offer as well, and maybe ask for some of those- sort of create your own meal. Restaurants seem to be getting better with helping customers get exactly what they want.

Good idea, Diana. Like if I wanted something that would normally come with potatoes, i could ask for veggies instead of the potatoes... I thought about asking for veggies instead of pasta. haha. Like if there was a seafood pasta, ask them to replace the noodles with mixed veggies... but I doubt they'd understand/be able to do that. *sigh*

In other news, I weighed myself this morning (naked after peeing before eating. hahaha). 127.5!!! That is the lowest number I've seen in YEARS... now, part of that might be the breast reduction too, but I've been weighing in at 130 despite my surgery (probably because I ate like crap right before/after the surgery and gained a couple pounds).

Yay for the weight-loss!!!

Never do know about water retention and what-not, especially from healing after surgery, but hey, it's still a good thing and your BP to 105 is nothing to sneeze at either!

Thanks Sassa. I'm feeling good! Looking forward to Olive Garden tonight too. mmm

Page 2 of 204 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast