Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does doing PB help you with mindless eating? page

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

Does doing PB help you with mindless eating?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I eat a lot when I'm bored, especially when I'm on the computer. The smallest craving will send me off to the pantry to grab a bite of nuts or crackers, or the fridge for some fruit. Although they are kind of healthy, will eliminating so many carbs and increasing the fats help me to stop mindlessly crunching through my stumbleupon-ing? I think all the extra calories from the non-mindful eating is keeping me from losing weight.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I eat a lot when I'm bored, especially when I'm on the computer. The smallest craving will send me off to the pantry to grab a bite of nuts or crackers, or the fridge for some fruit. Although they are kind of healthy, will eliminating so many carbs and increasing the fats help me to stop mindlessly crunching through my stumbleupon-ing? I think all the extra calories from the non-mindful eating is keeping me from losing weight.
    It's the other way around. The junk food (highly processed carbs) is feeding your fat and literally starving your lean tissue. When you get cravings, go for real, unprocessed (or minimally) processed protein and fat that actually nourishes your lean tissue.

pacificBeef is offline Senior Member
    I find that I eat less junk. I'm not quite sure what all the reasons are but one for sure is that I don't keep anything like crackers or "snackable" foods in the house except for baby carrots.

MollyMoo is offline Senior Member
    I found eating low-carb helped greatly, especially when I increased my fat. What has fixed it (so far!) is following the Leptin Reset experiment. Nobody's perfect though, so I don't keep things like crackers or nuts in the house (salted peanuts are my crack!)

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    For me, eating low-carb does seem to help with cravings with the caveat that I MUST get the calories that were dropped with the carbs from somewhere else. I've been working on adding more fat to my diet over the past few weeks and I'm amazed at how well I go through the day at work without being OVERCOME with immense cravings -- there's always some kind of naughty tempting stuff out around (candy dishes, people bringing in bagels/donuts, etc.)

My morning drink of coffee + coconut milk (about 200 calories of fat) has REALLY seemed to make a difference. Most days, I have to remember to eat lunch!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I find that eating a high protein breakfast keeps me feeling full all day and the thought of snacking just isn't appealing. Usually lunch is totally forgotten about and dinner is not as large as it used to be.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Primal has helped me control the snacking, of which I used to do a lot.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

PaleoPenn is offline Senior Member
    I haven't been tempted by the Tortilla Chips (my old Nemesis) that are still sitting on the kitchen counter since May. They used to call my name, now I can't hear them!
    50 year old Male
    Current Weight: 195

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    I find not eating at the computer or tv or whatever else helps. Also, eating the food slow and chewing it till it turns to mush. It's been helping.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I wish I had time to be bored. Get rid of the crap and you won't be tempted by it. Focus on eating real food, 3 times a day or less.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast