Thread: After a cheat day page

Hawaiigirl is offline Member

After a cheat day

Primal Fuel
    I have been primal for about 4 months and I have been so good. For some reason, last night I fell off the band wagon and ended up eating a bunch of crap and now I am up 5 pounds in water weight today. What is the fastest way to get this water weight off besides increasing fluids. Should I eat less fat today or watch my carbs? I don't know what the best thing to do is.

Thanks guys!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Keep doing what you have been doing and it will go away.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Just get back on track as soon as possible. Drinking lots of water can't hurt. I tend to gain 4 pounds if I eat a bunch of non-primal foods in a day. It always takes a few days to lose it again. It's good motivation to avoid that kind of stuff in the future
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

tsd
    tsd is offline Member
    I had a similar "off the wagon" two day cheat last week and also noticed those extra five pounds or so. Like canio6 said, just get back to primal eating and it will go away pretty quickly. I was back to where I was after just a few days.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i agree with others, just get back on the primal wagon.
    this past sunday i said fuck it and ate a ton of bad chinese food and a pizza. not some pizza...a whole pizza. yesterday i felt bloated and crappy, did my normal fast and stuck to strictly primal, and today it's like sunday never happened.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Just think, that was weird, that's not like me and go back to being primal.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Yeah don't ever weigh yourself after a cheat night. What were you expecting to see on the scale?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Yeah don't ever weigh yourself after a cheat night. What were you expecting to see on the scale?
    A note that says, "Yup, you're still awesome"

Of course, I expect to see that everywhere
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    The slip-ups are never as significant as the way we handle them - like another poster said, get right back on the wagon and be patient for that water weight to come off - it will. Water retention is sure a pain in the butt and a lot of people underestimate its effect on our weight on the scale and how those jeans fit! Maybe this will motivate you to fall off less often...maybe not, but slips can and will happen to most of us at some point. Damage control is where it's at once it's a done deal.

I'd keep on the water (like youre doing already) and limit carbs for a couple of days.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson