Thread: Marsala Wine page

Heidi is offline Senior Member

Marsala Wine

Shop Now
    In the past, I've used Marsala sweet wine as flavoring in meat and vegetable dishes. The family's been wanting something different for dinner, so I picked up a bottle. Is this wine any good at all for primal eaters? And does it make a difference if you get the Marsala sweet wine or the dry kind for cooking? Tried googling for info and I'm still clueless.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Don't have any hard data on sugars in marsala in front of me, but if you're using just a little and not all the time, probably no big deal. It is a fortified wine, so it's a bit kickier than your basic wine, but you would cook out some of the alcohol. The sweeter it is, the worse for you it probably is, but I wouldn't sweat using a little of it, just be judicious with it.

I probably use a little over half a cup per week of the wine, so I guess it's not a big deal then, huh? Thanks.

Tried googling some more and came across this paleo recipe for spaghetti bolognese. The guy blended grapes and lime juice to replace the Marsala wine. The meal looks worthy of trying. And now I want one of those spiral vegetable cutters.