Thread: i sure do feel like crap. page

Tom Dunphy is offline Member

i sure do feel like crap.

i fell off the wagon a bit for a few days and ate some non-primal meals and boy am i paying for it now.

i haven't had a cold or a sinus problem since going primal six months ago. haven't taken an OTC or any other medicine in the same amount of time.

today i woke up feeling like garbage. sinus pressure. sore, swollen throat. headache.

what do you all think? cave in and go pick up some sudafed or something like that or just go really hard, zero carbs and see if my body will self-regulate?

Cal. is offline Member
    Looks like you fixed your problems naturally; then unfixed them unnaturally. You know what works for you (both ways)... it's your choice now.

If you want to feel great, go for it. If you want to feel like s**t, go for it.

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    I'd skip the Sudafed, unless it absolutely is the only thing that works for you. I used to use that stuff because it was the "normal" thing to do, but did it really help me get better? No. Eating well, rest, and vitamins work better for me because I don't get the med's side effects (head stuffiness and drowsiness).
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
    Looks like you fixed your problems naturally; then unfixed them unnaturally. You know what works for you (both ways)... it's your choice now.

If you want to feel great, go for it. If you want to feel like s**t, go for it.
    I second this. Same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago thanks to the preservatives in my turkey roast. The aches and pains went after 2 days of normal PB-eating.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dunphy View Post
    i fell off the wagon a bit for a few days and ate some non-primal meals and boy am i paying for it now.

i haven't had a cold or a sinus problem since going primal six months ago. haven't taken an OTC or any other medicine in the same amount of time.

today i woke up feeling like garbage. sinus pressure. sore, swollen throat. headache.

what do you all think? cave in and go pick up some sudafed or something like that or just go really hard, zero carbs and see if my body will self-regulate?
    Take 10000 iu D3 for 3 days.

davem is offline Senior Member
    Zinc. Love zicam, fixes shit.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

jackpercy57 is offline Junior Member
    I used to use that stuff because it was the "normal" thing to do

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Supplement with Vit D, omega 3's and a good probiotic. Get in some bone broth, and rest. Let the system clear naturally as opposed to throwing medications (ie more junk) into the system. Those little red pills did not become red and sweet naturally.