Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling Kansas City Area Primals - should we meetup? page

Daemonized is offline Senior Member

Calling Kansas City Area Primals - should we meetup?

Shop Now
    The St Louis area has a meetup group for primes and they seem to be doing good. They have WODs in parks, pot lucks once in a while, a camping trip, and events with Whole Foods among others. One of the group members with ties to Kansas City recently asked me about starting a Kansas City Meetup group. I'm just wondering if there is any interest out there. I've still yet to meet another prime so, I am hesitant to start a group of one.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right. Is this worth doing? Would you join? Would you show up? Would you participate? Would you plan or host events? Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. Cause when the going gets tough....the tough get go'in. Who's with me? Let's Go!
    Last edited by Daemonized; 08-09-2011 at 12:00 PM.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. Cause when the going gets tough....the tough get go'in. Who's with me? Let's Go!
    LMAO. I love that movie.

Dude, if I were in Kansas City I would definitely do it. Good luck with this. There should be more people trying to start these.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Thanks and I think it could be a great thing for everyone if people want to join in. Initial response is seeming a bit underwhelming right now. I may have to mothball this one at least for the time being.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you are the only one on the board that is near Kansas City? Or do you know of others?
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

I've seen a few others my general area that post once in a while. I'm the only one that I know of that is really active though.

What the f' happened to the Kansas City I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? These could be the greatest nights of our lives, but you're gonna let them be the worst! "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Daemon, we might get in trouble."

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I hate to get your hopes up with yet another post from a non KC Primal, but I wanted to say that if I lived in KC I would totally want to be part of your tribe. I love to read your posts on the forums. You've inspired me to start my own thread for Upstate New York Primals. Hope I get a few more responses than you did.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Thank you very much and I wish you better luck in setting up a group than I've had so far.

molora is offline Junior Member
    If I'd seen this before, I would have chimed in with a "hell yeah"! I know several Primal folks in KC but don't know if any of them are MDA readers. Hope this happens at some point.
    Last edited by molora; 09-13-2011 at 03:51 PM.

I'm in the KC area. I've been a long time MDA lurker and just decided to sign up tonight. I live on the MO side though, Daemonized, and quite a drive from Olathe. I'd be interested in a meetup group. A friend (who also just went primal) and I were thinking of hosting a grokfeast in our area, but we don't know of any other primals besides one of my friend's friends (who lives in the St. Joe area).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast