Thread: Precision Nutrition? page

befitby40 is offline Senior Member

Precision Nutrition?

Shop Now
    Anybody have any experience with the Precision Nutrition Program by Dr. John Berardi?

I do Crossfit and he's been interviewed in the Journal. I like what he has to say. I know he has the whole foods approach, so i don't see as conflicting with Primal foods (I'll never go back to grains).

Was considering it, to dial-in my nutrition while doing Crossfit, etc. If I'm putting in the work, I want the best results!

dml
    dml is offline Senior Member
    I used PN for a couple years and found it to simply be too much work. Too many meals per day, lots of nutrient timing that I don't worry about any more. Using protein shakes as meal replacements, smoothies, etc. I know it works great for some people, but the way I was going about it didn't work for me. I'm much happier eating my 2 or 3 meals a day, when I'm hungry, and just eating the primal foods I choose to eat. I was hungry a lot doing a non-Primal version of PN, and some of the protein shakes left me still feeling hungry. To me, Primal/Paleo feels a lot more "natural" and non-intrusive.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I didn't follow his plan (at all, cuz as dml said it's too much shit) but I have all the cookbooks and use those all of the time. PN is a bit different from Primal/Paleo, especially with the training and g-flux stuff.

I found Dr. Berardi on t-nation and listen to what he says, along with Mark and a few others.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

befitby40 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the input!

So I guess it's eat a @**load of meals plan??? I hate that. I like my 1.5-2.5 meals a day. I was more interested in the macronutrient and ratio timing stuff when following a more intense fitness regime than PB. I do, do smoothies and (natural, grass fed) whey protein powder as meal replacements and post-workout recovery. I get that PN is not PB, just meant I didn't think he was going to tell me to start eating a bunch of grains and shit.