Thread: Precision Nutrition? page

befitby40 is offline Senior Member

Precision Nutrition?

Primal Fuel
    Anybody have any experience with the Precision Nutrition Program by Dr. John Berardi?

I do Crossfit and he's been interviewed in the Journal. I like what he has to say. I know he has the whole foods approach, so i don't see as conflicting with Primal foods (I'll never go back to grains).

Was considering it, to dial-in my nutrition while doing Crossfit, etc. If I'm putting in the work, I want the best results!

dml
    dml is offline Senior Member
    I used PN for a couple years and found it to simply be too much work. Too many meals per day, lots of nutrient timing that I don't worry about any more. Using protein shakes as meal replacements, smoothies, etc. I know it works great for some people, but the way I was going about it didn't work for me. I'm much happier eating my 2 or 3 meals a day, when I'm hungry, and just eating the primal foods I choose to eat. I was hungry a lot doing a non-Primal version of PN, and some of the protein shakes left me still feeling hungry. To me, Primal/Paleo feels a lot more "natural" and non-intrusive.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I didn't follow his plan (at all, cuz as dml said it's too much shit) but I have all the cookbooks and use those all of the time. PN is a bit different from Primal/Paleo, especially with the training and g-flux stuff.

I found Dr. Berardi on t-nation and listen to what he says, along with Mark and a few others.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

befitby40 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the input!

So I guess it's eat a @**load of meals plan??? I hate that. I like my 1.5-2.5 meals a day. I was more interested in the macronutrient and ratio timing stuff when following a more intense fitness regime than PB. I do, do smoothies and (natural, grass fed) whey protein powder as meal replacements and post-workout recovery. I get that PN is not PB, just meant I didn't think he was going to tell me to start eating a bunch of grains and shit.

BostonLisa is offline Junior Member
    Very late to this post, but I found the site today and they take a strong stance against carbohydrate and grain restriction so they are whole foods but not primal/paleo friendly.

Elliot is online now Senior Member
    Here's a quote from their website:
    In fact, observational research has suggested that:
    whole grains may decrease inflammation, but
    refined grains may increase inflammation.
    In other words, it appears that processing may cause problems, not the grain itself.
    Observational research is not valid evidence. If they think it is, then I don't trust their conclusions.