Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! - any immediate remedies for servere PMS - cravings and mood page

camel is offline Senior Member

Help! - any immediate remedies for servere PMS - cravings and mood

Primal Fuel
    Its only mid morning, and I've had my " 2 bacon 2 eggs " breakfast (I usually do best energy-wise with a very low carb breakfast), but all I want to do is eat everything weird and carby in my freezer and pantry and then go to bed! I've got a severe case of work avoidance and cravings and napping, and I really need to work and stay on plan! I feel overwhelmed, pessemistic, hungry and sleepy.

Is there anything I can do to help right now ? I'm in danger of spinning out of control most heinously!
    Last edited by camel; 08-09-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you could try the Mood Cure questionnaire to see if you score high on any markers for being low in particular neurotransmitters:

The Mood Cure

Wolfmommy is offline Junior Member
    Hi Camel....I feel your pain! AWOO! If you're near a health food store, see if you can get one of the homeopathic remedies for PMS. They work in about 10-15 minutes. You may want to try chamomile tea with a paleo-friendly sweetener to take the edge off. Grab a copy of Susun Weed's Menopausal Years the Wise Woman Way--she has a lot of good suggestions for PMS management. Blessings!

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Magnesium
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I have heard threads about this before, and what a lot of us find is we do sometimes up the carbs a little bit if feeling PMSy, but keep them primal. That is what tends to work for me.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Juliemama is offline Senior Member
    Pig out on fat..(almond butter, coconut butter/oil, lard, bacon, olive oil,) Whatever works for you, then move on.
    After being Paleo/Primal for a few years, the "monthly munchies" have subsided a LOT, and I never have the bloat, lumpy breasts, and cramps like I used to. I am 38 and have 2 kids so this is not a "hormonal blip". As long as I abstain grains and processed food I am good..not to say I don't succumb to a potato chip and sour cream debauchery now and again!!
    Forgive yourself and move on with life!
    PS..eat some chocolate.

camel is offline Senior Member
    Thanks so much for all the advice! I'm off to consume camomile tea, magnesium and chocolate for the moment!

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I know it isn't primal, but I swear by premsyn and have had several friend's husbands thank me. Velvet in a bottle. Though I haven't taken much since I went primal. hmmm

sires6 is offline Senior Member

Cool Just a thought

Could the bacon have some hormones? Pig is closest to humans in many of its hormones. I agree with fats, also I would also suggest progesterone oil (I get mine from Progesterone Cream Oil SPECIALTY Progestelle PRESERVATIVE FREE - Women's Therape) ...

and one day or two of coddling is not a bad thing. Take a woman's day and eat lots of fats, proteins and watch movies. Every once in a while I do this...

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Sex!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast