Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why most of paleo/primal people looks so good? page

greyman is offline Junior Member

Why most of paleo/primal people looks so good?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello all,
    I am new here. ;-)

I was browsing the Before&After pics thread, and what caught me by surprise is how good most of the people looked after going paleo/primal for some time...not only in the terms of leanness, but especially the body shapes were changing towards the "ideal", aesthetically pleasing form. Great work, guys. When I showed that thread to my wife, she approved immediately that I can go for it. ;-)

After watching some of the Mark's fitness videos on Youtube, I then saw some related videos from bodybuilders and professional trainers, and surprisingly, almost none of them looked that great...one had oddly-shaped chest, another one had too bing hands comparing to the shoulders width, etc. (Not to mention they were talking nonsense like you need to do 60 min cardio to have 6-packs abs, etc...). I find it amazing how your average amateur paleo guy can easily surpass professional fitness trainers in terms of body shape as well as understanding of nutrition. Really, it's astounding.

Now I want to ask, why it is that paleo/primal people looks so good? And why, no matter how one looks at the beginning, it seems like the body shape is morphing towards the ideal proportions? It occured to me that maybe it is because Mark stresses the importance of primal movements which works with the whole body (in contrast to bodybuilders, who often exercise muscles in isolation), or it is more because the paleo diet will allow the optimal genetic "expression" of the body?

greyman

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    my thought is that it maximized inherent genetic expression and clarifies biologic gender differences.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal helps your body reach a homeostasis and allows it to express itself.

I was watching a fantastic talk by Doug McGuff (the "body by science" author) and he talks about genetic pre-disposition to look a certain way. In his talk he re-inforces what Mark Sisson had said a day before at the same convention but he explains the science behind it in more detail.

Basically, people that eat paleo are just "going back" to how they would have looked had they never eaten a bad diet. It un-clogs the toilet, so to speak.

I for instance, always wanted to have that "gymnast" look, but I have realized that I can only really achieve what my body is already encoded for.

Everybody should take the time to watch it, it's long, but worth it for sure -- youtube "doug mcguff 21 convention"

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Hormones. Primal/paleo diet shores up your hormones, which not only help you lose fat but nudge your body toward the way a male or female body should look (plus natural compound body movements, sprints, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by AuH2Ogirl View Post
    (plus natural compound body movements, sprints, etc.).
    Which also do a lot of signaling in the body.

Resistance training tells the body "develop muscle, strengthen joints and tendons, and do something about these bones, they also need to be stronger to bear these loads" and the body starts adapting, doing what it should. Likewise, sprinting tells the body "there's some excess body fat that's slowing us down a might, and apparently we're trying to move faster and more often, let's release some HGH... "

Obviously, that's the overly simplistic and child-like way to put it, but the point remains. Literally every thing we do, not just food and exercise wise is a conversation with our bodies. Daily stresses, happy moments, etc etc... that's why you always read reports about how people that have sex are healthier, happier, glow more, have nicer hair, etc... it all comes down to gene expression and hormonal signaling.

GreenLightJerky is offline Senior Member
    Its true though it works. The glow that healthy people have is unmistakable.
    My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
    www.greenlightjerky.com

Bratch is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Which also do a lot of signaling in the body.

that's why you always read reports about how people that have sex are healthier, happier, glow more, have nicer hair, etc... it all comes down to gene expression and hormonal signaling.
    Are you saying people who are closer to primal have better sex? Is it a animalistic thing? Part of that question is serious and not so serious.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Are you saying people who are closer to primal have better sex? Is it a animalistic thing? Part of that question is serious and not so serious.. haha
    No comment.

(yes)

GreenLightJerky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    to answer that bluntly HELL YEAH! May 16th 2011 to now my wife does not recognize me. She does not miss the old me.
    My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
    www.greenlightjerky.com

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniquity View Post
    no comment.

(yes)
    lol
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast