Thread: Newbie Journal page

Bratch is offline Member

Newbie Journal

Shop Now
    It seems I spent much of my day at work today reading anything and everything I could on zero carbing. I am not sure what I got accomplished, but there is always tomorrow for getting caught back up. Hope my boss is a ZCer.

I really enjoyed reading the journals and the succes stories, and of course all the great advice that came alone with them.

I dont claim to be a journalist, but will try this journaling thing and see if it helps me through these tough times.

Day #1

Went very well. The only carbs I had was some lettuce along with my hamburgers, minus the buns of course. I even went to the movies with the wife and watched her chomp on popcorn right next to me, and had absolutely no issues.

Hope its this easy from here on out.

Day #2.

I get up early to fix my breakfast and lunch. Well wouldnt you know it, there are no eggs, no more hamburgers. What do I do? UUgghhhhhhh.

I work at a hospital and decided to just choose carefully from the cafeteria. How hard could it be?

The ride in to work took longer than usual as because of traffic back ups. My commute is just about 70 minutes each way. Well I arrived at work about 45 minutes later than usual, and I was really feeling the hunger pains. No problem, right?

Straight up the cafeteria and order some scrambled eggs with some shreedded cheese, sausage,and some bacon. The cashier looked at me strange because my normal morning breakfast is biscuits/gravy and hashbrowns. She gave me the look like, whp the hell are you and what have you done with "Mr. Biscuits/Gravy"?

Get past the cashier and make a bee line for my office. Once I sat down I dig right in, and my stomach is thanking me. Boy was that sausage and bacon tasty,and kinda sweet. All the while thinking to myself, I could really get into this new way of eating. All is good.

Sit through one of those meetings from hell until 11:00am, and thought I was hungry. Headed back to my office to warm up last nights leftovers of shrimp scampi and Ahi Ahi tuna. It didnt tast nearly as good as the breakfast. In fact, I chuck about the last half. At this point wasnt feeling the greatest, not sure why.

Once again, headed back to the forums to read about others trials and tribulations. About 1pm I feel like Im hungry. Hmmm, what do I eat? I have no more food. Well there is always the cafeteria, so I head back up there. Decide on a chicken breast and a hamburger patty with a slice of cheese on it. The burger and chicken was dry, but I got most of the burger done , and yes without the bun. The chicken once again was dry and was setting well with me. Decide to eat the skin, thinking it would give me some fat. Well I quickly realized it was kind of breaded. Done with lunch.

Well about 2pm, I start to get a headache with a blurryness type feeling in my eyes. Kind of hard to describe. First thought was that maybe I was already getting the"Carb Flu". Decide to head up and try to find some jerky or nuts. Not the best of choices in the store, but decide on some original jerky. Im sure it had some suger, etc, but really felt I needed something.

Get home about 5:20pm, and once again nothing in the house to eat. Off to the store I go. Found some good deals on porterhouse steaks and some ribeyes. Also pick up some hamburger and ground pork.

Get home and the 19 year old wants a steak also. Wait a minute, doesnt she knows these are mine? Give in and decide to throw on steak for her. Well wouldnt you know it, she asks "what about mom, She'd like a steak also when she gets home from tennis"? WHAT??????

Well that nice fatty porterhouse was yummy, and now I feel like a million bucks. I even chewed on the bone like I witness a true conivore doing, right?

Well breakfast and lunch is done for tomorrow.

Well thats it for Day #2. See you all tomorrow.

Bratch

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Bratch. Sounds like you are foraging well.

Primal is not low carb, just moderate carb. Some people on primal do go low carb for various reasons. If you are trying to lose fat, the range of 50 to 100 grams per day should work. See what works for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Bratch is offline Member
    It seems I left out a few things on my initial journal posting. I am 42 years old and weighing 280 pounds. Just about exactly two years ago I was doing a good number of triathlons, 5K's, 10k's, century rides, Half marathon, and lots of training. I had lost quite a bit of weight prior to taking on the endeavor or triathlons, but for some reason once I began the training and triathlons I stedily began gaining weight. UUugghhhh.

More to come later...

ayush789 is offline Junior Member

Newbie Journal

Hi

I am Ayush from India. I am new to this site.

Thanks.

Neplydend is offline Junior Member

bedroom design bedding

I purposefulness post links to my sites here.
    If you do not like it, gratify discharge this thread.

Bratch is offline Member
    Welcome to the wwebsite..

Quote Originally Posted by ayush789 View Post
    Hi

I am Ayush from India. I am new to this site.

Thanks.

Bratch is offline Member
    Well its now day #4, and things are going really well. I started off at a whopping 280 pounds, and now ont he morning of Day #4 I am down to 271.5. Thats a 8.5 pounds in essentially 3 days. I know I wont, nor should I keep up that pace, but it sure sets a nice tone for the days ahead.

I am continuing to stay away from most carbs. I do have some mushrooms, onions, or cheese with some of my meals. I am staicking mostly to proteins, such as eggs, steak, chicken, fish, etc. And the lack of fiber isnt having negative effect on me, lets just say I visit the "library" a couple times a day.

Last night I walked up to the library to pick up the Primal Blueprint book, and that was just a hair under 2 miles round trip. Feeling great.

My sleeping patterns appear to be off slightly. I'm going to sleep fairly quickly, but have a tendency to wake up couple hours early, and its not to pee. Might need to look into this some, before it becomea problem.

I even managed to have a PB discussion with my wife, and she seems to be jumping on board somewhat. She still cant get over the CW way of thinking, such as beef, and eggs. I will show her some before/after pictures tonight as well.

Well time to warm up my breakfast, and get this day started.

Bratch

Bratch is offline Member
    WOW, is all I can say. This is the beginning of Day#5, and cant believe how I feel, also the weight is just falling off of me. This morning when I weighed myself, I was down 10 pounds since Sunday.

Its amazing how much better I'm feeling and the energy level that came with it. I now have trouble sitting in the lazy boy for very long at all. I constantly have to get up and do something. Wife and I used to argue over why I never do the dishes, which leaves her to do it. However, now she just sits back and enjoys the view of me doing the dishes.

I have been pretty religous about going for slow 2 mile walks before dinner most every night, and it makes me feel wonderful.

The amount of food I'm now eating has decreased dramatically.

Bratch

belinda is offline Senior Member
    You're doing just great! Keep it up
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Bratch is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    You're doing just great! Keep it up
    Thanks Belinda...