Thread: Time to nourish the mind, body, and soul page

Time to nourish the mind, body, and soul

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I came across the whole primal/paleo concept when doing an online search (for the life of me I can't remember what exactly it was that I was searching for, but all things happen for a reason, right?) I became intrigued and found myself immediately downloading the primal blue print (well okay, I read a bunch of blogs first and then downloaded it)

I've always been one of those crash dieters of sorts (as I have horrible relationships with food, I chalk a lot of it up to being an emotional eater as a result of a past of sexual/domestic abuse, along with having absentee parents growing up) Granted they are all excuses and ultimately I have the power to control my own life (I'm getting there, and one day I will be there).

I know there are better ways to start taking control of my life especially when food is involved, and hopefully that is where the whole primal/paleo thing will come into play. What I'm finding is that I just need to find a lifestyle in which works for me in which I can allow my entire being to become "nourished"
    Its amazing how as a society when others hurt us we in turn hurt ourselves. What kind of a life is that? Further more why do we find comfort in food (especially horrible food).

The deciding point in taking the plunge and attempting this lifestyle became the result of a four month stint where I completely destroyed my body and became quite miserable in the process. Exercising way to much barely eating (if at all eating) and as a result I killed my body, maimed my spirit, and fighting tooth and nail to regain all of it back. Its "funny" how easy it was to destroy it and how long its going to take to regain all of it back.

Hopefully this will be a step in the right direction

Hello, everyone!

Grokarella is offline Member
    Welcome! I've been dieting off and on my entire adulthood. I've been primal about a little over a month and I've never felt better! I'm also dropping weight faster than ever. I think you'll feel great on primal!
    Jennifer, 28 years old
    Vegetarian for 13 years, primal since July 2011
    Weight lost on primal: 34.2 lbs

As for the dieting most of adulthood I'll also through in the teenage years as well (I'm not just a member I'm the freaking founder...lol) But I've gone both extremes from starvation to binge eating, for me though I think a lot of it stems more to the emotional/comfort side of eating. Although a part of me wonders if I have body dysmorphic disorder or something.

I think the biggest challenge that I'm going to have with all of this is the whole sleep thing, I don't sleep nearly enough! If only I didn't have to live an alarm altered existence!

mondawg is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I have overcome my eating disorder from going Primal. I am Primal for life!

The title of your post caught my attention because I too have been intrigued by the whole primal/paleo concept in terms of its relevance to mind, body and soul. In fact, I was so intrigued and inspired I started a blog dedicated to just that. It's called "Paleo Spirit" and the tag line is "Primal fitness for mind, body and soul". I'm not so much trying to advertise my blog, which is in its "fledgling" stage, as I am just reaching out as a person with the same desires. I do believe getting back to a simpler way of life in many aspects is all-around healthier. I think you will find it's a good path to explore and I believe you will have much success. Best wishes!

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I think you are in the right place. If I had to choose one word to describe how I feel since I started eating this way, it would be nourished.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n