Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone give up fruit entirely ?? page

MMMM FAT is offline Senior Member

Anyone give up fruit entirely ??

I have only been eating berries since going paleo, but I think this may be cutting into my goals in fat loss since I do tend to overindulge. The reason I have berries anyway is for the antioxidants, health benefits.
    Are there vegetables that provide same nutrient info ? I could easily give up berries, but when they are at home I become berry bad..lol

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Nope. The thought horrifies me. I love my berries and granny smith apples too much, but I burn a lot of fuel, so I'm not exactly normal and probably need the extra.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    There should be no need to give up fruit entirely. A serving or two per day should not hurt your progress. Take a look at your overall food intake first before eliminating a food group.

Knarf is offline Junior Member
    If you like the odd apple or berry here and there, why cut it out?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Yeah a couple of berries completely stalling your fat loss sounds really odd to me. I don't know your situation (as in, how much weight you need to lose, etc) but it's possible that your carbs are so low that your leptin levels have also bottomed out. We want to keep insulin low, but as insulin goes down so does leptin and leptin is the "fat burning" hormone. You may want to give carb-refeeds a go. Again, I'm unaware of your situation, but carb refeeds are good if you're relatively lean, however I think people that are chronically very low carb could use a carb-up day. Workout hard, then follow that up with some potatoes. You will most likely experience temporary weight gain, followed by a "swoosh" where you'll lose a couple of pounds.

Hey, it's worth reading up on, before deciding to never eat fruit again...

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    I pretty much only eat berries now, several times a week with Greek yogurt. I've never liked fruit other than berries, but used to force myself to eat it because I thought it was important. I was really glad to learn it's not as great as touted by CW, especially apples and bananas which I particularly dislike. Anyway, having lots of berries didn't slow my weight loss at all.

fufonzo is offline Senior Member
    Try it out.

I've cut them out mostly, but still enjoy a bit of fruit as a treat every once in a while.

innadoom is offline Member
    I don't eat much fruit because it has the same effect on me as spaghetti or twinkies: no self control, makes me want to eat more and more.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    To answer the question, I rarely eat fruit, but that is because it's a low priority- below meat, starch and veggies, and therefore I rarely get to it. I don't think there's anything in fruit that isn't in veggies or organ meats.

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I use fruit as a rare treat. To me fruit it kind of like chocolate. Good every once in a while. If I ate it every day I would probably binge on it. That being said, In the last month I have had fruit 3 times. (yesterday I ate two plums, but it was only because one of my students brought me a huge bag full from her grandpa's farm and I didn't want them to go bad )
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast