Thread: Newbee page

tpage24 is offline Junior Member

Newbee

Hi, I am new to PB and haven't read everything yet. Was wondering if legumes are allowed. I have been eating gluten free and low-carb and found this bread at Julian Bakery called "Purity Bread". It is made with flax and almond flour, but also has garbanzo beans, navy beans for moistness. Is that a good thing or not?

Wally_B_Sr is offline Junior Member
    as a general rule no beans of any type are really paleo/primal

Grokarella is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally_B_Sr View Post
    as a general rule no beans of any type are really paleo/primal
    This is true. When transitioning to primal, I think it is best to avoid the gluten-free/low carb substitutes (breads, baked goods, etc.). It is better to focus on quality meats, veggies, and fats!
    Jennifer, 28 years old
    Vegetarian for 13 years, primal since July 2011
    Weight lost on primal: 34.2 lbs

tpage24 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for the information. Guess I will start true primal after I finish this bread. Way too expensive to throw away.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I hope primal goes really well for you.

What are your stats and goals? Are you trying to lose weight (fat) or accomplish something else?

I eat a few beans. They are marginal to primal. But not evil. For sure don't throw out that bread.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Legumes are "not allowed" but they are one of the fringe foods - the really truly "not allowed" foods are industrial oil, gluten grains, and sugar. The rest is not, really, all that huge a deal for most. I'll eat some beans once in a while.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

irishelnsman928 is offline Junior Member