Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking advice about IF page 2

skunkcabbagebandit is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for all the advice. i guess I've been trying IF just to try it out period. It seems I naturally eat less often on this primal way of dieting. Without eating grains I'm not constantly raiding the firdge and its already showing. I am really really loving the weight training. I always bought into the conventional wisdom of girls needing to lift light weights often to avoid bulkiness. I'm glad I know the truth. Lifting heavier weights just feels awesome. I lift only what I can do in 6 reps. Once I can do 12 reps I know its time to add a little more weight. This is great because now instead of focusing soley on my diet and what I'm losing, I now have something else to look forward to. Now I focus on getting stronger and eating enough to do that. I'm already seeing definition and I feel stronger in everything else I do. And eating primal is allowing the fat to melt off so the muscle can show. Its like unwrapping a really cool gift and it gives me motivation to stay on path. Although primal is pretty easy and I feel tons better! I don't really think about food or my next meal and I don't worry about measuring portions and ratios. I just try to get enough protein and healthy fat and some fruits and veggies in there. I can definitely see this being something I could continue doing indefinitely. Once I get down to the last few pounds I may need to change up my plan but for now I'm really happy. Thanks again!

skunkcabbagebandit is offline Junior Member
    I would also like to add a link to some inspiration. This girl is super bad ass!
    Meet Staci: Your New Powerlifting Super Hero | Nerd Fitness

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    that should be shared in every thread where women don't wanna lift ...

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkcabbagebandit View Post
    Thanks for all the advice. i guess I've been trying IF just to try it out period. It seems I naturally eat less often on this primal way of dieting. Without eating grains I'm not constantly raiding the firdge and its already showing. I am really really loving the weight training. I always bought into the conventional wisdom of girls needing to lift light weights often to avoid bulkiness. I'm glad I know the truth. Lifting heavier weights just feels awesome. I lift only what I can do in 6 reps. Once I can do 12 reps I know its time to add a little more weight. This is great because now instead of focusing soley on my diet and what I'm losing, I now have something else to look forward to. Now I focus on getting stronger and eating enough to do that. I'm already seeing definition and I feel stronger in everything else I do. And eating primal is allowing the fat to melt off so the muscle can show. Its like unwrapping a really cool gift and it gives me motivation to stay on path. Although primal is pretty easy and I feel tons better! I don't really think about food or my next meal and I don't worry about measuring portions and ratios. I just try to get enough protein and healthy fat and some fruits and veggies in there. I can definitely see this being something I could continue doing indefinitely. Once I get down to the last few pounds I may need to change up my plan but for now I'm really happy. Thanks again!
    Glad to hear!

Twinwolf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkcabbagebandit View Post
    I would also like to add a link to some inspiration. This girl is super bad ass!
    Meet Staci: Your New Powerlifting Super Hero | Nerd Fitness
    Thanks for sharing this!! Awesome story and journey!

Good luck on your journey!
    "If a man has common sense, he has all the sense there is."

My Journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30234.html

Starting weight prePB - 258 lbs on 5/6/11

244.2 lbs on 6/3/11 (28 days in!)

240 lbs on 7/1/11 (59 days in!)

234.2 on 7/15/11 (73 days in!)

228.2 on 8/12/11 (101 days in!)

224 on 8/28/11 (117 days in!)

220.6 on 9/14/11 (134 days in!)

Goal weight PB - 205 lbs

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    She looks great. Lots of mini meals works for her. Good reason to ditch the scale.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoPaleo View Post
    How many days IF'ing, resulting it being a stressor, are you talking about here?
    Fasting is a stressor but a little bit of stress beneficial as long as you haven't got added stress from the over-exercising etc.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't think about it as fasting if you are eating when you are hungry. I still don't think it makes sense to stuff yourself with breakfast (for instance) if you are not hungry til lunch.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12