Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itís Time to Get Primal! page

Pensfan is offline Junior Member

Itís Time to Get Primal!

Primal Fuel
    “It’s Time to Get Primal!”

This past winter was a real eye opener for me. Back to back cases of Pneumonia, all started with a simple bout of influenza, and 30 days of steroids knocked me on my butt for the majority of the winter. In addition to my already obscene weight of around 350, my weight soared to 388 at it’s highest. My blood pressure was starting to rise and my doctor finally said that I needed to deal with this.

I kept telling my wife that we needed to walk, start working out, start eating better… we usually had this conversation while eating a large bowl of popcorn cooked in bacon fat, drowned in butter and salt, while watching a movie or several episodes of TV on the couch at near midnight. No wonder my weight skyrocketed!

I had this same conversation, and same lack of activity, over and over until June 22, 2011. Through prayer and asking the Father to give us the strength and dedication to make the changes in our lives that we need to follow His will for us, through asking our friends and family for support and prayer, and finally through admitting that I can’t do this alone and need Christ’s help, it was then that I was finally was able to make the leap.

June 26, 2011 my wife and I started the HCG protocol and through the next 39 days we cut back to 500 calories, limited our food palates, injected ourselves 39 times with 200IU of prescription grade HCG. It was tedious, the food was far more boring than I ever imagined it would be, HOWEVER… during that LONG 39 days… I lost 48.2 pounds on HCG and 51.6 overall. It worked! HCG became our catalyst into getting our bodies back into shape, improving our overall fitness, and making healthy lifestyle changes that we can live with for the rest of our lives.

Today Aug 8th, 2011 is the first day of our new lifestyle. While we have been eating healthy and hiking/walking/exercising this past week while transitioning out of HCG and into PB, today is the first day of our full dedication to the Primal Blueprint!

Height: 6’2″

Highest Weight: 388.0 – 22 June, 2011
    Primal Start Weight: 334.8 – 8 August, 2011
    Current Loss: 53.2 lbs

Goal Weight: 225.0 lbs *
    Goal Loss: 163.0 lbs

* My ultimate goal is to be healthy, fit, and able to play and coach lacrosse, hockey, and soccer with my son; chase and play with my daughters; live a happy healthy life for my family! 225 lbs is the last weight where I felt happy and comfortable doing those types of activities! We will see where the PB takes me over the next year!
    For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    ~ Romans 8:38-39

It's Time to Get Primal - Pensfan's Primal Journal

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Why are you bringing your religion into this? Isn't your health important enough for you to pursue it regardless of your religion? I admit I'm confused by that aspect of your post.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    congrats go for gold
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Why are you bringing your religion into this? Isn't your health important enough for you to pursue it regardless of your religion? I admit I'm confused by that aspect of your post.
    He stated his religion acted as a catapult to better health. Whether it should just come from within oneself or not doesn't need to be argued over.

Welcome, please read the book and please keep in mind that posters here don't all eat the exact same way for different reasons so ... please read the book!

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    My faith is a big part of my life, easily the largest portion of my life as it is interwoven throughout all facets of of my life; including my health.

I think you misread as well. I am not getting healthy because "God wants me to", I am getting healthy for all the reasons I stated at the end of my post. I am getting control of my weight and my fitness for me, for my kids, for my family.

Have a great day brother!
    For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Welcome, please read the book and please keep in mind that posters here don't all eat the exact same way for different reasons so ... please read the book!
    Thanks! Indeed we are. I have all three of the books now and have read the fitness eBook already, working through the PB as well. We have been eating primal for the past week on our own while waiting for the books to arrive and we are feeling great already!

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Steroids are horrible, they have benefits, but huge drawbacks.

On the upside primal blueprint is a fantastic way of losing weight on or after steroids. Low carb is just rit to reverse the effects they have on your body.
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Pensfan. I too used HCG initially, and then switched to Primal for maintenance. Indeed, compared to the HCG dietary options, Primal feels like THANKSGIVING FEAST! Haha.

I think it is very wise of you to plan NOT to return to your old way of eating. A lot of people use HCG to lose a crap ton of weight, and then think they can go back to donuts and cake. They gain weight back, and then say that "HCG doesn't work". Uh... it's the SAD that doesn't work, folks.
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs

belinda is offline Senior Member
    If your faith helps you get through this, more power to you ... and I mean that in a nice way

But make sure you give yourself some credit for your success too.

Congratulations on finding the PB and may you continue to see success! I want to see pics of you playing with your kids!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Thanks for the kind words and welcomes everyone! I love the support on this site!

We are definitely rewarding ourselves on our success so far belinda! We have been working hard to lose the weight, the food is the easy part haha!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast