Thread: How to get partner to join? page

cmpitre is offline Member

How to get partner to join?

Shop Now
    Hi all, I am an avid primal eater and I love the lifestyle. I was wondering if any of you could help me in convincing my wife to try this lifestyle out.
    I have had nothing but good results but all she sees is eating so much meat and vegetables and not eating whole grain and oats is bad. I have no idea why.

I have to hear her complain about not being able to lose weight and not being motivated but when I ask her to try to just eat primal and do her daily walks like she usually does she completely turns it down.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get her to join in on the Primal way of life?

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    just do your thing, keep feeling and looking good and eventually her curiosity will get the better of her
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I'd stop talking about her doing it, and just focus on doing it the very best you can.

BohemianBo is offline Member
    I am totally in the same boat. My gf complains all the time about how fat/unhealthy she is. Then I lost 30 lbs on primal. I try to pressure her as little as possible. Finally she decided to try going 'primal.' Her version meaning eating a ton of beans. when it didn't work after 10 days she went back to eating cookies and hot chocolate for dinner. uhhhhgh.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Until she's decided she's ready, you can't. Just be an example to her, and provide her with reading material about the lifestyle if she asks for it. You can't make anyone change when they're resistant and/or not ready.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Grokarella is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Until she's decided she's ready, you can't. Just be an example to her, and provide her with reading material about the lifestyle if she asks for it. You can't make anyone change when they're resistant and/or not ready.
    I absolutely agree with this!
    Jennifer, 28 years old
    Vegetarian for 13 years, primal since July 2011
    Weight lost on primal: 34.2 lbs

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    +1 Well said.

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    I am the main cook in my family. If anyone wants to eat, they have to eat what I prepare. You could try giving her a break in the kitchen and make most of the home cooked meals. My spouse is down 7 pounds to her amazement!

cmpitre is offline Member
    I do cook. I cook dinner but she usually brings her own lunch and its usually light (maybe some oatmeal or some popcorn or something without a lot of calories) then when she comes home I have dinner ready which is primal.
    I would like to get her to cut her carbs down which would help her alot in the weight loss department.
    Colby

Pre Primal
    January 2010
    215 LBS 40 in waist

Today
    170 LBS 36 in waist
    Goal (1) Look Great Naked (and visible abs)
    Goal (2) More defined muscles and functional strength
    Goal (3) Achieving Mastery level in Convict Conditioning