Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something is wrong page

Irrebecca is offline Junior Member

Something is wrong

I started eating Primal about 3 months ago. I'm nearly 100% compliant. I say nearly because on occasion I can get a little crazy with dairy. I felt good the first few weeks after the sugar hangovers, carb flu etc passed. I started PB because I was
    as tired of feeling exhausted all the time and having no energy. I was and am tired no matter how much I sleep or don't sleep. I even did CF a few times.

But 3 months in and I'm still exhausted all the time. I'm still easily irritated and am pretty much useless. I will say that the past two years have stressed me the f**k out. I lost my job two years ago but thankfully found another that was better than the one I lost. My husband is in real estate (enough said) and I've had 8 miscarriages in the last 20 months. We discovered a chromosomal abnormality that we can address at a later date. Basically I'm exhausted, kind of a raging bitch and it takes everything I have to do the basics of mommy and work. I can easily sleep 17 hours a day. I was hoping that I would start to feel better by now. Any thoughts?

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    Describe your daily physical activity level and food intake.

I usually eat 3 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon (all clean) with one cup of decaff organic coffee with HWC. I cook the eggs in bacon grease. On occasion I will add in mushrooms and a sprinkle of organic cheddar. Lunch is usually a large salad with chicken or turkey and olive or avocado oil. Dinner is usually beef of some sort with a veggie. I think I have an issue with dairy causing cravings specifically yogurt. I'm fine with HWC. I have one serving of fruit a day. Usually an apple with almond butter. The problem is I can't get full. EVER! I could eat all day long if I let myself. I guess the good news is that I'm pretty compliant with the types of food I eat.

My activity level is pretty consistent. I'm in outside sales and I walk a lot. I'm on my feet most of the day. I walk on my treadmill at night slowly for about an hour. I haven't done any HIIT or sprinting because frankly I'm too damn tired.

I was hoping giving up all the bad shit and exercising would make this better. It hasn't. I still feel like shit.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Count your macros - protein, carbs, and fat. It is common for women especially to not get enough protein. Your menu sounds very low carb. At lot of people feel better being between 50-100g/day of carbs
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry. Hopefully we can help you find an answer.

Stop the treadmill. Completely.

Consider more carbs, e.g. potatoes or sweet potatoes.

Are you getting enough vitamin D3? Unless you are outside in the sun a lot, you probably need to supplement.

Experiment. I know you are doing the standard primal approach, and doing it well. But maybe it isn't for you.

Good luck! Keep coming back here. Share what's going on. We want to help.
    Last edited by Hedonist; 08-07-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Count your macros - protein, carbs, and fat. It is common for women especially to not get enough protein. Your menu sounds very low carb. At lot of people feel better being between 50-100g/day of carbs
    +1
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I'd be not walking on the treadmill if you are that tired. For some reason, your body wants to rest, so I would let it rest. As long as you are eating what your body needs to heal itself, I'd say its healing itself.

Have you been checked out by a doctor to rule out anything else? You could have something systemic going on as well.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    I'm sorry. Hopefully we can help you find an answer.

Stop the treadmill. Completely.

Consider more carbs, e.g. potatoes or sweet potatoes.

Are you getting enough vitamin D3? Unless you are outside in the sun a lot, you probably need to supplement.

Experiment. I know you are doing the standard primal approach, and doing it well. But maybe it isn't for you.

Good luck! Keep coming back here. Share what's going on. We want to help.
    This, plus with that many miscarriages you probably need traditional fertility foods, like liver. Do you have Nourishing Traditions?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Another vote for ditching the treadmill. It's just too much.

Unfortunately your body has a lot of healing to do, so I would definitely supplement (not sure if you already are), including a good probiotic. Make sure you are getting plenty of sleep in a very dark room too.

If you're worried about the dairy being an issue, go ahead and avoid it for a while to see if things improve. Other than that, I agree with the others on nutrition.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast