Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you personally know anyone who has tried primal and failed? page

Hedonist is offline Senior Member

Do you personally know anyone who has tried primal and failed?

Do you know anyone who has done primal at or above the 80% level for long enough to see results and failed? I don't understand how it would be possible. Sure, people are different and the plan might have to be adapted. And it might take a while to see significant results. But Fail? How?
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Well, what's your definition of "fail" here? Fail according to their own goals or according to some specific yardstick?
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Kristy2078 Guest
    For starters, I could see a traumatic event (i.e. loss of a loved one, moving to a strange new place, abusive relationship, severe illness or injury) trigger a downward decline.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Nope - so far I know 8 people that I know have started primal eating in response to my success (either first or second hand).

Six of them have had fantastic success eating this way - losing weight and clearing some persistent health problems. One of them doesn't follow it closely enough to tell yet. The 8th is my sister - she has just started and doesn't seem to embrace the difference between eating this way and just following a low carb diet. She is very very CW - but we are working on it! It's only been about ten days, so I don't know for sure, but I am hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Well, what's your definition of "fail" here? Fail according to their own goals or according to some specific yardstick?
    Oh, I guess in their opinion. They said, Fail!.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

I guess it wasn't a question so much as an exclamation of surprise.
    Ancestral Health Info

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Oh, I guess in their opinion. They said, Fail!.
    You need to get them to define what they mean by that, then.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    You need to get them to define what they mean by that, then.
    I don't personally know anyone who has tried and "failed" nor anyone who has succeeded.
    Ancestral Health Info

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Depends on definitions. 80% means radically different things to different people.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know many who have tried and failed to actually stick with it. Most of them are just too lazy to cook all the time.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast