Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Primal Journal - Grok in Japan (JPGrok) page 12

JpGrok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Autumn continues apace here and I changed to winter tyres yesterday, not long until snow and ice. The stink bugs have decided that our house is the place to be this winter and I have been waging a war for nearly a week. I think we have nearly come to the end of it.

The workouts are getting harder and my legs were sore yesterday. I'm getting stronger though which is great. I must remember to keep eating lots to keep up with things.

Yesterday was an unplanned semi-fast day. Today I will eat a lot more.

Have a great weekend all.

Well, I fell off the radar for a few days - I hope you didn't miss me.

Still been 95% primal and in the gym just busy at work and looking after two little boys. I've noticed a slight return of flab around my belly and wonder whether stress is the real cause of fat gain as my diet has been very good and I'm still exercising.

Breakfast: Leftover steak, salad
    Lunch: Big bowl of tuna salad, two eggs, nuts (this was not enough food as I was hungry again at 4 ish)
    Dinner: 400 grams (14 oz) of pork belly stewed with daikon, pumpkin and more eggs

Strained my back a little in the gym yesterday but it's not too bad. Squats are up to 70 kg next workout and starting to feel pretty heavy.

Only a few days until Thailand. Sun, sea and MovNat.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Hope you're having a great time at MovNat!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

And... I'm back.

The MovNat Thailand 7-day retreat was everything I thought it would be. We learnt how to walk, run, crawl, balance, swim, lift, fight, dive, carry and throw all at the beach and jungle in southern Thailand. The biggest point was relearning all the movements that we learn as children. Relearning how to run properly (and barefoot), how to swim efficiently, how to balance, breathe, and a hundred other things too detailed to post here. Truly fantastic stuff and totally scalable to real life. A life-changing experience and one that has me seriously questioning my current lifestyle and work.

Vic was an excellent teacher; very patient with the ability to tailor any exercise to various levels of ability. The place in Thailand was also perfect for the course - amazing paleo food, beach on the doorstep and hot sunny weather.

In my post MovNat trip to Malaysia I struggled to find good paleo food and was tempted into a few drinks and other non-paleo indulgences. When I came back to Japan I was still 3% lower body fat at around the same weight. Pretty impressive stuff.

After three days of "normal" food, I caught a killer cold and have spent three days recovering at home. It really is amazing how quickly sugar, crap fats and alcohol can reduce your immunity to such a mess.

I'm not really enjoying the below freezing temperatures and sleet/snow in Japan after the amazing weather in Thailand and trying hard to recover from this damn cold. On a plus note however, I went out and bought a load of beef and pork belly to make stews later this week.

I've missed everyone's updates - looking forward to seeing how you all are.

JP

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a wonderful trip!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Just a quick update. We're well into the swing of winter here and my companies are keeping me very busy. I'm still very much primal although add the odd sweet potato, apple, protein shake and glass of wine into the mix without too much worry (although I'm still sure I would be better off without the alcohol). I take vitamin D supplements and probiotics daily.

My weight has stabilized at around 78 kg (172 lbs) and my body fat was 17.5% the last time I measured it. I'm quite a lot stronger but don't look too much bigger.

I'm still weight training three times a week. Current stats at 5 reps/5 sets:

Squat: 87.5 kg (193 lbs)
    Deadlift: 110 kg (242 lbs)
    Bench: 57.5 kg (127 lbs)
    OHP: 37.5 kg (83 lbs)
    Rows: 60 kg (132 lbs)

To all of you reading this journal, have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

JP

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112