Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Balance Barefoot shoes!!! page

Girown is offline Member

New Balance Barefoot shoes!!!

Primal Fuel
    NB Minimus : New Balance

tell me what you think

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    hehe that's way too much padding to be considered anywhere near minimalistic...

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    I tried these on and I really like them. I currently own a pair of Vibram 5 finger KSO Trek that I like but I think these might even be better based on how they felt, a new pair is in my immediate future. I have also tried the Merrell trailglove but didn't like the excessive toe spring and tight feeling.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    hehe that's way too much padding to be considered anywhere near minimalistic...
    +1 They've got 4mm of heel rise, too. Might be a good starter shoe.

Gordo

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I've got the Minimus Trail and I love them, but they seem to wear the treads down quickly if you run on pavement much.

Also, I get blisters on my Achilles' if I try to walk in them with no socks. Running is fine, with or without socks.

I wouldn't bother with the road ones. They seem too thick to me.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    "providing the necessary support"
    Huh, I must've missed some basic concept where minimal running = "necessary support"...
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    "providing the necessary support"
    Huh, I must've missed some basic concept where minimal running = "necessary support"...
    Exactly! I normally wear VFFs but tried on some Merrells recently and the salesperson explained to me that they had "negative heel technology" to help force you to adjust your gait onto the front of your feet. If you remove all the technology, that will happen on its own!
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

ciep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersellen View Post
    ...the salesperson explained to me that they had "negative heel technology"...
    Lol. First they sell us their technology, then they sell us the absence of it.

@ the OP -- I actually own the Trail Minimus. I really love them for anything I do off-road that feels like it would require footwear/protection. I agree with the other posters though, it's not a truly "minimal" running experience -- way too much protection (plus the slight heel-rise).
    Last edited by ciep; 08-08-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    I have two pair! One Orange and One Black... LOVE THEM!!
    Living the dream, inside a myth

Invictus14 is offline Member
    I have the NB Minimus Trail and the Merrell Trail Glove. I had the NB 1st and really like them. They do have more padding, but are a good transition to minimal footwear. I really like them for lifting. I like the Merrells a little more for trail running because while they have less cushion on the heel, the outsole is tougher and handles rocks and roots better. When I started running in the Merrells I think I definitely began forefoot striking a lot more naturally. They are both good shoes. It all depends on what you are really looking for.
    "Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they will collapse. But the VERY BEST men know that the mind tires before the body and push themselves beyond all limits. Only when all of these limits have been shattered can the unattainable be reached." ~Dan Gable

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast