Thread: Kyphosis and Forward Head Posture page

will1234 is offline Junior Member

Kyphosis and Forward Head Posture

Has anyone experienced success with these two conditions on the primal diet that have not responded well to chiropractor or exercise? Or knows any other treatments for them?

I also have a long record of medications including accutane and am only 17 years old. I will answer any other questions about my life for some clarification.

Thank You

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Not sure what kyphosis is but forcing good posture for long periods of time is how I fixed my hunchback. It hurts at first.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by will1234 View Post
    Has anyone experienced success with these two conditions on the primal diet that have not responded well to chiropractor or exercise? Or knows any other treatments for them?
    I recommend her book:

Quote Originally Posted by will1234 View Post
    I also have a long record of medications including accutane and am only 17 years old. I will answer any other questions about my life for some clarification.

Thank You
    Acne and Suicide | Psychology Today

kitana is offline Senior Member
    My uncle has/had kyphosis, and after a couple months of physical therapy I darned near didn't recognize the tall, confident-looking, sparkly-eyed guy in front of me (his eyes were always pointed down and I never realized how much I didn't know what they looked like). He was in his 40's when he finally was able to address it - and wishes he'd done something sooner. His began developing when he was about your age.

Having had some pretty bad back problems myself (but different ones) - I strongly prefer physical therapy. It is more gradual, but the effects were longer lasting since I was training my body to keep itself aligned rather than having someone impose alignment externally. Not that the chiro didn't feel good, but the effects would barely last til the next appt. I could certainly see the benefit of putting your body back into its normal alignment, but if your alignment is bad to start with, your body will go back to it after the chiro visit unless you train it not to. Perhaps a combination of the two?

BTW - it was hard to train my body to always be perfectly aligned, but now I actually get compliments on how I move. At first it was painful to strengthen weak muscles, and tiring to keep it up, but these days I don't even have to think about it. The biggest bonus is at the end of the day when my muscles aren't screaming at me and I still have energy. Trust me when I say the older you get the more this rocks.

So what does Primal have to do with this? Well it can certainly help. A primal lifestyle is an active one, and it's easier to keep your body strong and aligned when you're active. How many healthy, energetic couch potatoes do you see? Sitting around isn't good for your posture or anything else really. Eating primal foods means even blood sugar and hormone levels, so your complextion will even out (especially if you follow a lower-carb form of primal) and your energy levels will be more even and so will your moods. In other words you'll feel like getting out more and you'll have the engergy to do so. Can you do all this without primal - sure, but being primal will help optomize nutrition, rest and activity- all of which are essential to living well and healing well.

Best wishes!

rayout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitana View Post
    My uncle has/had kyphosis, and after a couple months of physical therapy I darned near didn't recognize the tall, confident-looking, sparkly-eyed guy in front of me (his eyes were always pointed down and I never realized how much I didn't know what they looked like). He was in his 40's when he finally was able to address it - and wishes he'd done something sooner. His began developing when he was about your age.

Having had some pretty bad back problems myself (but different ones) - I strongly prefer physical therapy. It is more gradual, but the effects were longer lasting since I was training my body to keep itself aligned rather than having someone impose alignment externally. Not that the chiro didn't feel good, but the effects would barely last til the next appt. I could certainly see the benefit of putting your body back into its normal alignment, but if your alignment is bad to start with, your body will go back to it after the chiro visit unless you train it not to. Perhaps a combination of the two?

BTW - it was hard to train my body to always be perfectly aligned, but now I actually get compliments on how I move. At first it was painful to strengthen weak muscles, and tiring to keep it up, but these days I don't even have to think about it. The biggest bonus is at the end of the day when my muscles aren't screaming at me and I still have energy. Trust me when I say the older you get the more this rocks.

So what does Primal have to do with this? Well it can certainly help. A primal lifestyle is an active one, and it's easier to keep your body strong and aligned when you're active. How many healthy, energetic couch potatoes do you see? Sitting around isn't good for your posture or anything else really. Eating primal foods means even blood sugar and hormone levels, so your complextion will even out (especially if you follow a lower-carb form of primal) and your energy levels will be more even and so will your moods. In other words you'll feel like getting out more and you'll have the engergy to do so. Can you do all this without primal - sure, but being primal will help optomize nutrition, rest and activity- all of which are essential to living well and healing well.

Best wishes!
    Going primal helps develop muscle as well. Might have also been all the core strength from the fitness guide but I always had poor posture and could never hold good posture for long until my muscles developed. Now I can keep my back straight for hours. I need to work my head posture though, thanks for the video OP

will1234 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the responses guys. I purchased the book and have started to work on it. It's view on how to maintain posture all day and not just short bursts soon to turn into more of a slump has really intrigued me. I am still doing chiro now, but the results have been mixed. I have an appointment with my general practitioner in two weeks where i am hoping she can point me in the direction of a some good physical therapists who really understand the body as a whole.

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    A good massage therapist would work wonders and they are much cheaper than physical therapists if you want to go that route.

Finnabair is offline Senior Member