Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to feel full? page

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

How to feel full?

Primal Fuel
    I've done low-carbing with salads and stir fries before, and I always feel like my stomach is eating itself half an hour after I finish my meals. I feel that when I eat grains, about 2 servings of it, my digestive system feels great and I don't feel hungry at all until the next meal. Is there a reason why this happens, and how do I get myself off grains?

scottbushey is offline Member
    Sounds like you're not eating enough fat! What are you typically eating?

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    More fat and probably more protein too. I get 85-100g of protein a day. Protein is the most filling of the macronutrients.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

A typical stir fry for lunch for me would be something like 2 cups of mixed broccoli/cauliflower/carrot/snap pea/etc with half a pound of moderate fat (I think 93/7 or something) turkey and several teaspoons of oil to heat the pan.

I also hate stuffing my stomach because I hate getting the really full feeling, so I try to not eat too much in volume.

If I start out my morning with several eggs, some veggies, and herbs, I feel hungry an hour later, while if I just eat a serving of oatmeal with milk, it's not too filling for my stomach, but my tummy doens't rumble until lunchtime.

I think, including grains and fruit, I probably eat about 150g protein and 150g carbs a day, with about 60 or so g fat?

If I attempt to do low-carb, it comes to about 200g protein, 50g carbs, and 60g fat, but I feel soooo hungry
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 08-06-2011 at 02:55 PM.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    oatmeal is very high in soluble fibre. Apples are too, and there are other fruits and veggies that may fill the bill if you need soluble fiber. Also, you need to up your fat and lower your protein. Before primal we are taught to be afraid of eating fat, but you shouldn't be. That is what you probably need to feel more full.

120g protein is probably the max of what you need unless you are quite tall and a heavy weightlifter.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I vouch for more protein and good fats.

camel is offline Senior Member
    I like soups made with bone broth base because they are really easy to digest, make my tummy feel full without that "hungry" feeling like after a bunch of veggies.

Unshod Sarah is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problem much of the time. Sometimes I eat starchier vegetables to "fill up." Lately, I've been loving cauliflower, kolhrabi, beets. I also like to put nuts on things. I just get sick of too much meat.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Eat way more fat. You can slather your veggies in coconut oil or butter, you don't need to eat meat. Pastured butter is a fantastic, cost-effective source of good fats and vitamins. 200g of protein is too much unless you weigh 300 pounds and aren't fat. If that's the case, I really hope I'm not pissing you off. Your diet by calories should be roughly 2/3 fat. By weight and volume, it should be mostly veggies. Fat is very calorie dense. The only reason I can think that grains fill you up is bloating.

Gordo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast