Thread: finding an open-minded cardiologist page

mfmccann is offline Junior Member

Question finding an open-minded cardiologist

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been doing Primal for a while and am searching for a cardiologist who is open to alternatives to the traditional "low fat, low cholesterol" and "statins are good for everyone." While I live in NH (on teh seacoast - close to Boston, Portland, ME, Hanover NH, I still can't seem to find a cardiologist to work with that is open to diet and exercise as the primary way to change things. I have no problem traveling to work with one. Great airports nearby. Easiest cities outside of New England are probably New York, Philadelphia and Baltimore, though I'll gladly go to San Francisco of Tucson for the right MD.

Have YOU got one in mind? Or a practice? Or.....

Thanks.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

mfmccann is offline Junior Member
    I've read that, and it is very good general advice. But my goal is specific. I'd like folks to suggest a cardiologist I might contact who seems (to them) to be open minded. The search is slow and I'm not finding the kind of physician I want. There is a community here, each member of which has at least one physician. Some are probably pretty open minded. I'm trying to track down specific referrals to some of them - those that practice Cardiology in the US. IS there an open-minded cardiologist in Santa Fe? Would you recommend him / her?

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfmccann View Post
    I've read that, and it is very good general advice. But my goal is specific. I'd like folks to suggest a cardiologist I might contact who seems (to them) to be open minded. The search is slow and I'm not finding the kind of physician I want. There is a community here, each member of which has at least one physician. Some are probably pretty open minded. I'm trying to track down specific referrals to some of them - those that practice Cardiology in the US. IS there an open-minded cardiologist in Santa Fe? Would you recommend him / her?
    Dr. William Davis may be worth contacting: http://www.trackyourplaque.com/blog/

Also worth contacting docs near you on that list--they likely know their cardiologist colleagues (if any) who are open-minded.

I don't go to medical doctors, so no recommendations, here, sorry! I'm a naturopath kind of gal...
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 08-13-2011 at 01:10 PM.