Thread: Quick Lamb Liver page

MMMM FAT is offline Senior Member

Quick Lamb Liver

Shop Now
    I have a 1lb of grass fed lamb liver. Anyone simply cut it up and cast iron it with seasoning ?
    My goal is a simple quick meal rather than the 15 ingredient recipes I find online.
    I would like to hear which seasonings you use for it. Thanks much in advance

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about lamb liver but I just bought some fresh chicken livers I am wrapping in bacon and frying tonight. It's not my recipe but is in the quick and easy PB cookbook. According to instructions, fry the livers in a little oil until almost cooked, then wrap in bacon and fry until bacon is crisp. 2 ingredients I think is as simple as it comes
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

catparade is offline Junior Member
    I chop it into bite size pieces and coat it in heaps of paprika, cumin, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let it sit in the fridge for an hour then quickly fry in loads of butter so they are brown on the outside but still a bit pink in the middle. Serve with raw or fried onions onions and fresh parsley and some lemon juice if you have it.

If you have greek yogurt to pile on top it's even better.

Yum.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Lamb Liver in Mint/Garlic Marinade (link)

marinate for 30 minutes

serves 2 well or 4

500 g. lamb liver (or beef or chicken liver - also very good with beef filet or chicken slices)

for the marinade:

1-1/2 T. fresh minced mint

3-4 garlic cloves

1-2 T. olive oil

salt

+- 1/4 t. pepper

optional: extra chopped mint to garnish

Cut liver into 1-1/2 cm. slices and soak in cold salt water for 20 minutes. Remove and blot dry. Cut into 3 to 4 cm. pieces. In a small deep bowl, place the liver pieces and the rest of the ingredients. Toss gently until evenly coated and allow to sit covered for 30 minutes.

Use an ungreased grilling pan to grill the pieces briefly + - 1 minutes per side. Test a piece to insure a slightly pink inner colour. Use tongs to turn. Garnish, if you like, with more chopped mint.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Cut into slices and pan fry. Easy and very yum!
    For variation, sprinkle with cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander, Cajun spice mix, whatever takes your fancy.

Serve with salad greens and maybe a mint yoghurt sauce.