Thread: Exercise frustration page

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member

Exercise frustration

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This past summer I had foot surgery on the left foot in June (its doing great), I had foot surgery on the right foot in July (there lies the problem). Yes, I know the foot is still healing and I need to be patient. Here is the issue:

Even easy walking (you know, what you have to do) at the end of the day my foot is SO swollen (bones not visible) and that includes my ankle. Its uncomfortable and painful. I ice up and elevate- what else can I do???

I drink lots of water (I think my body is sponging it up though and not letting it go), I take a water pill (high PB), I watch my salt intake.

Since starting PB I have so much energy and feel great I WANT TO EXERCISE (for like the first time in my life) and need suggestions.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Marnee is offline Senior Member
    I have plantar fasciitis so maybe I can relate.

Exercises that don't hurt my foot are body weight stuff like: squats, dips, pullups (assisted or Australian), overhead press. All these things are pretty easy to do on your own without a gym. Overhead press is nice because you don't necessarily have to be on your feet to do it. Remember, you can lift anything you like over your head or squat with stuff too. Maybe try a gallon of water or something like that.

Good luck.

Marnee is offline Senior Member
    Oh! I just thought of some others you might try. Google for body weight exercises and I am sure you will find many things you can do.

Bodyweight exercise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sit-ups. I like the Crossfit style ones.
    ‪CrossFit Sit Up‬‏ - YouTube
    Russian twist
    Russian twist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Supermans
    How to Do a Superman Exercise | eHow.com

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Even easy walking (you know, what you have to do) at the end of the day my foot is SO swollen (bones not visible) and that includes my ankle. Its uncomfortable and painful. I ice up and elevate- what else can I do???
    Try resistance training concentrating on slow controlled movements.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I drink lots of water (I think my body is sponging it up though and not letting it go), I take a water pill (high PB), I watch my salt intake.
    Is your BP sensitive to salt? Have you had your uric acid levels checked?