Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!! What to eat? Fed up with salad! page

Aldebaran Guest

Shop Now

Hi, been doing the primal thing for a while now and I'm feeling great but I'm constantly hungry.

I also feel I eat the same things over and over again and it's getting kind of boring.

Eggs and bacon for breakfast. That's fine.

Eggs for lunch with big salad and meat/fish/bird. Also fine.

Dinner: pretty much the same as lunch...lots of vegetables. But here I'd like some variation.

I'm looking for some new ideas, some variation from just eating vegetables "from the branch". The way you cook them, mix them together....what ever. Feel i might be slipping back to pasta, potatoes and rise soon because i need something that fills my stomach.

I pretty much constantly hyper active, hence constantly hungry! =)

Any cooking tips and tricks would be much appreciated.

-Andreas

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Dice a few bacon strips and cook them. Saute asparagus spears or broccoli florets in the grease until al dente. Toss with the bacon bits and a little dijon and white wine vinegar.

Saute julienned onions and sliced mushrooms in butter. Serve over meat.

Roast brussels sprouts, mushrooms, onion, cauliflower, etc, coated with olive oil and herbs or a bit of balsamic vinegar.

Make soup with lots of veggies in it.

Make mashed cauliflower (just like you'd make mashed potatoes). It's great with roasted garlic blended in.

And, of course, serve with plenty of meat!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

If salads don't fill you up that much, how about going for just meat? Steaks, hamburgers, pork chops, stews, pot roasts...you name it.

You can also go on Amazon.com and search grain-free cooking. They have some nice cooking books that have tons og great recipes in them.

maba is offline Senior Member

Mark has a lot of exciting and yummy recipes. You could give them try to add some variety:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/category/recipes/

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I second CC on the meat. If you are still hungry you might need to increase your protein/fat consumption. As it was mentioned in other threads, protein accounts to short-term satiety and fat as a good long-term hunger quencher.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

No fruit?

No almonds?

Seasoning is important...

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

There's a guy here who only eats meat and eggs and nothing else, but he isn't sick of it yet He's been doing it for a year now and not because he's trying to eliminate all possible carbs but because he can't cook

My point is, even if you can't cook, meat option is still more exciting to me than a salad one. But that's just me.

JulieD Guest

-Chicken. pork, or beef fried rice with cauliflower "rice"

-Pizza with cauliflower crust

-cottage pie with cauliflower topping (instead of potato)

-ribeye with sauteed green beans

I never eat salad!

Lots of recipes on this site for those things I listed.

CathyG is offline Junior Member

Try looking for some recipes that use vegetables in recipes with herbs. Here is one that tosses the veg in olive oil and sprinkles with herbs, then roast them.

http://www.chow.com/recipes/12031

Once you get the hang of this, you can see how to make different combinations of vegetables and herbs and they all taste great.

Another way I've done it is to chop the herbs and stir that into the oil, then use that to toss the vegetables for roasting.

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

Buy a few pounds of a fatty meat like grass fed beef ribs. Put them in a crock pot with some coconut oil and cook on low for about 6 hours. You'll have a fantastic meal and a couple more as leftovers. Make sure you eat the juice leftover in the bottom of the crockpot too, that's the best part! Prep takes about as long as it takes to open the packages of beef, that's my favorite part.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast