Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does the Primal Blueprint help with severe obesity? page

kbear is offline Junior Member

Does the Primal Blueprint help with severe obesity?

My sister is going to get her stomach stapled in the next couple of months, but I really don't want her to do it. I was wondering if the Primal Blueprint may be an option for her? She is severely obese, no diets have ever worked for her, and I don't want to give her a diet, but a lifestyle option other than the surgery. I was just curious if anyone else knows anyone or has personally experienced a dramatic weight loss following the Primal Blueprint?

Any information at all would be helpful! Thanks so much!

gordo is offline Senior Member
    I know two people who had the lap band surgery. Both lost weight initially and then regained it all as they stretched their stomachs back out. One is now eating paleo and losing weight.

Gordo

Lukys is offline Member
    I'd say so. She couldn't possibly gain weight, could she?
    Perhaps you could give her the book and request that she try it- properly and not just for a week- before going in for surgery.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Somebody post a link to the unconquerable Dave please. Can't cus I'm on my phone.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    There are a few people on here who have lost well more than a hundred pounds. Check out the success stories thread.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

localad is offline Senior Member
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    PLEASE try to convince her to do this as a last ditch effort ... because the doctor is going to make her go low carb afterwards anyway. <50 is the standard with them.

There's a whole cluster of women here who've lost in the range of about 70 pounds (and still going), and some others who have lost even more. Plenty of guys with 100+ down.

This is easy and dare I say fun to do, as it's the way our bodies were meant to eat all along. It's not a diet and is easily sustainable. I used to be totally out of control with the food, and now the thought of food doesn't even occur to me until 1 p.m. most days.

Tell her to get her butt over here. We can help support her. Lots of good people here.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kbear View Post
    My sister is going to get her stomach stapled in the next couple of months, but I really don't want her to do it. I was wondering if the Primal Blueprint may be an option for her? She is severely obese, no diets have ever worked for her, and I don't want to give her a diet, but a lifestyle option other than the surgery. I was just curious if anyone else knows anyone or has personally experienced a dramatic weight loss following the Primal Blueprint?

Any information at all would be helpful! Thanks so much!
    Many people have conquered extreme obesity with primal. I posted a list of success stories here. Primal is an easy lifelong way to be healthy.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

kbear is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks everyone, I am going to talk to her this week about it. I'll definitely tell her about this place and about Dave, that's amazing! Thanks again!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast