Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy way to get lots of greens page

HelloMeteor is offline Member

Easy way to get lots of greens

Shop Now
    I don't like eating salad. Too much chewing and it doesn't taste all that good.

Instead, I take half an avocado and put it in a blender. Add water.

Then add lots of spinach(maybe 4oz), romaine lettuce (about half a head), and a smaller amount of some tougher greens, like kale. This is the equivalent of a huge salad. And it tastes pretty good.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I've made a blended soup with avocado water and cucumber, so I can understand this. The recipe I used also called for a pinch of cayenne, which you might want to try

Quote Originally Posted by jqbancroft View Post
    I've made a blended soup with avocado water and cucumber, so I can understand this. The recipe I used also called for a pinch of cayenne, which you might want to try
    I used to do it with a banana and some berries, but i'm trying to cut back on the sugar. Avocado is the only thing that could fit the bill.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I've been using a product called Cytogreens for almost a month. It's a green powder and it's pretty good. I tried to select a product with mostly primal ingredients that wasn't full of wheatgrass and other questionable stuff.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

If I'm really not in the mood for salad I usually try and pick some greens that do well heated up with some sort of fat and lemon juice. They're good all warm and wilted.

But I do have a blender just lying around, I really should try making some smoothies for on the go.

Animord is offline Member
    I just did this with a load of spinach, a stalk of celery, some parsley, water and an apple. I think I could have left out the apple because now that I no longer have a sweet tooth, it would have been fine without. Then as an after thought, I added about half a cup of coconut milk - it was freaking delicious! I will definitely be adding this to my diet!

Rebecca M. is offline Junior Member

spinach smoothie

This is absolutely delicious! Don't let the simplicity fool you.
    I put a glass of water in the blender, several handfuls of fresh spinach
    and Stevia to taste. I wanted to avoid the carbs in unnecessary fruit and when I do eat it, I'd rather eat it than drink it. Anyway, I was shocked how refreshing and great this is.

Also, whomever said something about cucumber is on the right track. Avocado and cucumber go together extremely well.

And yes, it's refreshing, and very "light/clean/fresh" tasting, if that makes any sense.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Stephan Guyanet has cited studies showing that rats eating a liquid diet gained more weight than those eating chewing their food. However, I've not seen anything that discusses the possible cosequences of bypassing the chewing process. Wouldn't surprise me if there were some. After all, stevia has been shown to cause insulin spikes. In the meantime, I'll keep enjoying my salad
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Stephan Guyanet has cited studies showing that rats eating a liquid diet gained more weight than those eating chewing their food. However, I've not seen anything that discusses the possible cosequences of bypassing the chewing process. Wouldn't surprise me if there were some. After all, stevia has been shown to cause insulin spikes. In the meantime, I'll keep enjoying my salad
    That liquid diet was probably a lot of sugar water. I don't think you can draw conclusions from that about a fatty and filling drink fully of healthy stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast