Thread: He's ALMOST There... page

RitaRose is offline Senior Member

He's ALMOST There...

Primal Fuel
    Ever since I started eating Primal 3 months ago, The Boyfriend has been incredibly supportive, even though he doesn't eat that way. He listens when I read something or see things on TV that just astound me ("Heart-healthy whole grains!) and even brags about me and my success to just about anyone that will listen. He's a very smart man (yes, guys, smart is sexy) but he still has cereal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and whatever I make/can eat for dinner.

He's a big fan of full sugar Coke, but I've noticed he's been drinking more iced tea or water. And lately he's been willing to try things like Oopsie rolls ("They're.. different") or coconut water (he's not a fan). And he has been actively looking at labels, proud when he finds something with only a few ingredients that I might be able to eat.

So last night we were discussing everything on the planet, and the subject of food came up. We talked about it for a few minutes, then I said "You know I'm going to win you over to eating Primal, right?" He grinned and replied "Yes, I know. And very soon, too."

Yea! He's really a wonderful man, and I would love to see him live a long and healthy life (with me by his side, of course). So maybe there is hope!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Score one for the good guys - Whoooooo!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    One more victory over the household... It amazes me how tightly people hold to a few bland items.

RachieRacer is offline Junior Member
    I have almost the exact same story. Recently he's been caring a lot more about his own foods. For example, I got this email at work the other day... "there's wheat germ in this smoothie I want to buy, is that bad?"

Also, he did not object when I packed him turkey and cheese lettuce roll-ups this morning in his lunch, rather than his normal turkey sandwich.

So proud!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    High five...we've been pretty primal for a year now but my husband hung on to his Diet Coke habit. A couple of weeks ago I brought home a case of lime and grapefruit flavored Perrier. He announced this weekend that he's dropping the diet sodas in favor of the bubbly water because he knows it will make me happy. Progress!

Will he learn to love my Kombucha, coconut water and kefir? That's a stretch.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Woolf! Great stuff! Mine loves the steaks but always whinges when I do cauliflower mash instead of potatoes.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Lucky for me, he's pretty smart. It's pretty hard to deny the weight loss, fewer migraines and more even moods. The next month or so will be pretty stressful for him, work-wise, so I think he'll wait until that's over to make any big changes. But I do think he's not too far from doing it!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Violette is offline Senior Member
    Mine is pretty close too. Doesn't reject anything I make but when he's out with his buddies he gets a pastry. They all tease us about no bread in the house but I smile. Poor us, heehee.
    Wisdom begins in the recognition of how little we know.

(teaching of Socrates)