Thread: Getting through Carb Flu when you're not totally committed page

lucyh is offline Senior Member

Getting through Carb Flu when you're not totally committed

Primal Fuel
    I'm not sure if anyone can help with this, but I thought I'd ask.

I've been following the primal blueprint for over four months, it's going great, I love living this way, and I plan to always live like this.

I do most of the grocery shopping and cooking, so my husband eats the way I do by default a lot of the time. I know he eats plenty of fast food and other crap when he's at work, but he does also eat salads and other good things too. He hasn't done any of the reading that I have, and I know he kind of gets it, but also kind of thinks it's some crazy, organic, holistic hippie thing that he doesn't want to know more about. Weirdly, for the past week or so, he's cut down on the carbs, but yesterday he said he was feeling weird and dizzy. He stayed home from work, and he said he was still feeling bad today, so I think he might call in sick again. I told him it's probably just carb flu and to just push through it, but he kind of freaked out when I told him it took me a few weeks to really get through it. He's a big, tough guy about most things, but he's the world's biggest baby when he thinks he's sick.

I don't know what to tell him, it stresses me out that he isn't going to work (he has no more sick time = no paycheck), I would love for him to be primal with me, but he probably won't ever read the book or really get what it's about. I don't know if there's anything I can tell him, or anything I can get him to do to feel better. I went pretty much cold turkey, but has anyone had experience easing themselves down to a lower carb consumption and avoiding carb flu? I told him to eat some rice, but I've got nothing else.

Any advice, ideas, or even just sympathy would be appreciated
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Assuming it actually is carb flu (which it might not be - I get killer migraines in this kind of weather), there is no way to get through it when you're only doing it half-assed. It just prolongs it.

I have heard there a supplements that help, but to be honest, the best way to get past it is to man up and go all in. It's definitely faster when you do.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com