Thread: Most Healthy Way of Brewing White Tea? most healthy tea; most healthy drink page

efficiency is offline Member

Post Most Healthy Way of Brewing White Tea? most healthy tea; most healthy drink

Hi there!

My Question i am wondering:
    - how can I get the most health benefit out of white tea?
    I donít care about the taste *at all*, i *only* care about health. And the idea is that white tea is healthier than water.

So till now I did like this:
    White tea because it just seems like a better version of green tea, more good stuff in it, less caffeine.
    I take 100 celsius degree hot water and put it over the white tea. Then I just leave it in there till while I drink the tea (it takes so long the tea is cold). I re-use the old teabag 3 times, I just put it in additionally with a new teabag.

Is this the most healthy method of brewing white tea?

White tea seems to be better than green tea (I can only afford tea from the supermarket, so no 300euro tea for me). I like a good health benefit for the buck.

I plan drinking white tea with a little bit of lemon all the time, just not while eating and a little bit after (then Iíll drink water). Because:
    - read study that a bit lemonjuice is good to add, helps the green tea-good stuff to work inside body
    - green tea seems to block protein consumption. Donít know if itís enough not to drink green tea while eating and after eating (how long after eating?)

I am thinking about buying some decoffenated green or white tea with real leaves. Cause the coffein is probably the one thing that is not so healthy / not so good for my sleep and makes me feel funny. (Anyone knows a good website to order relatively cheap decoffeinated green or white tea? I am from europe/austria)

greets!

Ps
    Today I drank some white tea and I began sweating all over the place

osso is offline Junior Member
    White tea should be brewed at a lower temperature - 175 F, so lower than boiling. I don't know off hand what that converts to in degrees C. You will get the best result from steeping for only 2-4 minutes, rather than leaving the bag in. Also, you will get the best flavor and health benefits from loose leaf tea, rather than tea bags. And you can reuse the same tea leaves about three times. This is something I drink almost daily. I wouldn't necessarily say that it is healthier than water though!

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Try to find an Asian market or someone that lives close to one. I paid $6 for 1lb of leaves last time I bought white tea. I put in tea ball in an automatic drip coffee maker carafe and run the water through the coffee maker. Steep it as you wish. If it's sunny out get a sun tea maker and put it out in the morning and bring it in at night.

You can order bulk leaf online too. Tea balls are cheap.

efficiency is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by osso View Post
    You will get the best result from steeping for only 2-4 minutes, rather than leaving the bag in.
    Thanks. What is 'best'? I know they write 2-4min everywhere.
    I guess the 2-4min recommendation is only for taste, which i don't care for. Care only for health benefits.
    More steeping means more stuff getting out of the leaves inside the water(?)- that is the question.
    greets!