Thread: new & questions page

pati is offline Junior Member

new & questions

Stumbling thru leptin resistance sites - I found this one. Thanks, I'm glad that I here, looks like there are a lot of smart people.

If primal means - meat eater and low low carbs - that's me. Started in 1995 lost 120 lbs and kept it off til last year. Now, the weight is going up (30 lbs) , I have no appetite, food nauseates me and I'm tired all the time. I'm being treated for hypothyroidism (armour) and adrenal fatigue (cortef dosed 4x's day). Nothing seems to be helping, so I'm thinking maybe this leptin resistance thing. I saw a poster mention it had something to do with elevated RT3 - mine is quite high.

Looks like there is a lot of studying to do on your forum. Any help will be much appreciated.
    I am female age 53

Thanks, Pati

Grokarella is offline Member
    Welcome, Pati! I'm afraid I don't know that much about leptin resistance, but I just wanted to say hi.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    'fraid I don't know much about leptin either. But lots of folks here do. Welcome.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Hi Pati. I don't have any knowledge on this issue either, but there have been a lot of threads about it on this forum. The search box on the upper right (directly below the picture of Mark's book) will bring you quite a few results; lots of info on leptin in those posts. Also, a neurosurgeon named Jack Kruse has a web site with information about leptin. You'll see his name quite a bit in the posts on here. Here's his site: - Jack Kruse

Best of luck to you.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pati View Post
    If primal means - meat eater and low low carbs - that's me.
    Unfortunately no, that's not quite what it means. It means eliminating modern, processed food and eating whole, natural food that our paleolithic ancestors might have eaten. It just so happens that when you do that, your carb intake is a lot lower than your average North American's. This is not low-carb by design but by coincidence.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Unfortunately no, that's not quite what it means. It means eliminating modern, processed food and eating whole, natural food that our paleolithic ancestors might have eaten. It just so happens that when you do that, your carb intake is a lot lower than your average North American's. This is not low-carb by design but by coincidence.
    +1 Good definition

Here's Mark's Carb Curve. Under 50 grams of carbs per day isn't recommended for most folks on primal. I stay in the range of 50-100, typically around 75, which gives me good fat loss.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.