Thread: Anticancer page

Twibble is offline Senior Member

Anticancer

Primal Fuel
    I'm only about a third through this book, but I am in awe of the information there is, with studies to back up (not necessarily prove yet, but to support) the assertions, and absolutely disgusted at the lack of dissemination of the information in the medical field.

It's also giving me hope that even though cancer runs in the family on both sides, I may be able to do enough about it to keep me from getting cancer.

Has anyone else ready it?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

The book by Dr. Servan-Schreiber?

I found it fascinating and succinct. Saw it on the stacks at Costco and, even though neither I nor anyone I knew was dealing with cancer at the time, I bought it. FiL's cancer returned and I copied some parts from the book: he still has a fondness for sweets, and won't eat some of the foods that cause cancer apoptosis, but his prognosis recently improved.

Really, this book should be more part of everyone's discussion. Food as preventative medicine does not mean eating Cheerios to lower cholesterol ...

Yes, that one.

I'm wondering now if I'd still have one of my aunts if we had that book 10 years ago!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Yes, that one.

I'm wondering now if I'd still have one of my aunts if we had that book 10 years ago!
    I understand, but it's impossible to say. As so many at this site have noted, it's not the easiest thing to get people to change their eating patterns, or to go against CW.

Wild mushrooms are also worth looking into. Some folks take supplements (maitake, shiitake, reishi, cordyceps), but I also try to incorporate them into my food (at least maitake and shiitake). Also made some teas from turkey tail mushrooms growing wild near our house. Mycelium, IMO, are a powerful tool in the toolbox!

Mmmmm...mushrooms.

I know it's impossible to tell, but as long as she fought with it (and did things like run a marathon while fighting it), it would have been nice to have had more information.

At least I can start thinking about making more efforts to keep ME from getting cancer (and give the book to Mom).

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I also read that book. It's actually what got me closer to primal eating (I had ditched most bread, but still ate a lot of sugar). Really eye opening! It's not so radical as primal, but it gets a lot of the same ideas across (especially the idea that food has a PROFOUND effect on our wellbeing) so I think it's a good one start people with.

I also agree that I can't believe how infrequently this information is shared

minol is offline Junior Member
    used in the treatment of cancer; "anticancer drug"; "an antineoplastic effect".Anticancer describes natural methods of health care that contribute to preventing the development of cancer or to bolstering treatment. They are meant to serve as a complement to conventional approaches (such as surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy)

Dr. Servan-Schreiber's book shares his new view on life as a cancer survivor. He explores both traditional and non-traditional approaches to prevent, fight and treat cancer. His book explains how anyone can incorporate these healthier approaches into their life.