Thread: Spiff's Primal Journey page

Shop Now

I suppose its time to start keeping one of these, they seem to keep me motivated. Here is my history:

January - 5'7", 254lbs. Ordered Power90, tried it for a day or two.

March - Tried to start again, made it a week or so.

April - Down to 245lbs. Started doing Power90 religiously, moved to a new place, started following my best attempt at the P90X Nutrition guide while doing Power90.

July - Down to 228lbs, begin P90X after July 4th.

August, 3rd Week - down to 215lbs or so. Ceased P90X from burnout. Discovered HIT training, Body By Science, and started reading here.

November - Begin attempts at eating primal, holding 210lbs. Working out once a week, HIT since September.

Today - Just completed a 29 hour fast to get my brain into the mode. I'm motivated, and ready to embrace this. I've dropped over 40lbs so far, and I'm hoping to get to a fairly muscular 175. It really isn't that far away.

This mornings breakfast:

3 Organic Brown Eggs (Publix brand)

3 strips bacon (not the best brand but I didn't buy it)

Snacking on some almonds now, with an apple for the afternoon snack. Rotisserie pork and veggies for lunch today.

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Motivation!
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

Been a long time since I've posted here... lots of ups and downs over time... totally riding a high these days..

194lbs... eating primal 99% of the time, weight is falling off daily... have worked intermittent fasting in, starting to pick higher quality food sources. Looking forward to meeting Mark at the HIT conference in July!

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    Woah, did you do the move from Florida to Chicago too??
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Yes, Jacksonville, FL to Oak Park. Moving to Villa Park soon. Almost made it into the city... still want to give it a try someday.

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    Yes, Jacksonville, FL to Oak Park. Moving to Villa Park soon. Almost made it into the city... still want to give it a try someday.
    I moved to the city at the end of November and love it ! Of course, I'm only a couple of blocks off the lake and am sooooooo looking forward to that come summer. That's where I found a hill great for running sprints. Not terribly long/high, but definitely a good workout =)
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash