Thread: Any hula hoopers here? page

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member

Any hula hoopers here?

Primal Fuel
    I just got a new hoop, and as I generally go with big heavy hoops, I was really dissapointed that it was only a 1/4" tube (but the diameter was right at 40" for tricks) but WOW! The lightness really helps doing tricks, and getting it to stay in areas like chest/hips/knees. I can even do neck tricks, which had been a problem as the heavy ones hurt too much.

If you hoop, what size do you find works best for you? I use a small (33" diameter) 1" tube for "exercise" and now I have a big hoop for tricks! What's your favorite trick? I'm learning the vortex, all I can do right now is pick up and toss back to waist.

ErikaE is offline Member
    Cool! I hoop a bit, but I'm not nearly as into it as you appear to be, but that's awesome. I just have a hoop that my friend made for me out of PVC and colored electrical tape. It's about 37" diameter, don't know how heavy...the PVC piping it's made out of is probably 1.5 or 2 inches in diameter, can't do neck tricks at all with it. I use it mostly to keep myself moving while I watch TV or sometimes during long phone conversations with my bluetooth on. Do you think I could learn other tricks with that kind of hoop?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” -- Joseph Campbell

Oh yeah, I would stay away from neck work, but you could do vortexs with it, and chest hooping, and arm hooping. You may be able to do knees, but it's hard with a hoop that thick. There are tons of tutorials on youtube that teach you how to do all sorts of tricks.

ErikaE is offline Member
    Cool! I just found an ehow series about tricks, exciting! They look so elegant, something I have never been, lol.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” -- Joseph Campbell

Yeah, I do have a tendency to smack myself in the face every now and again, but practice makes perfect (or somewhat close to perfect)