Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seattle checking in page

SeattleSaphire is offline Junior Member

Seattle checking in

Shop Now
    Is there anyone in Seattle, WA that would like to be my primal buddy? iI would be nice to have local support on this journey. Many of my friends think I am crazy for trying this and don't exactly get it.

SeattleSaphire

Grokarella is offline Member
    Sorry, I'm not in Seattle. I just wanted to say welcome!

ErikaE is offline Member
    I just started Primal too. I used to live in Seattle, and hope to move back there ASAP, but right now I'm stuck in Olympia for another year until I finish my bachelor's degree. It's too bad because I would love a buddy too! Especially for conversation to make lifting/sprinting less boring (I can only listen to my workout playlist for so long), and/or have someone to do things with that has the same eating out food concerns.

Your friends will likely come around after awhile, don't worry about convincing them or anything. I've only been doing this for three weeks, and at first my husband thought it was a terrible idea ("but you need grains!"), and none of the science Mark gives would convince him (granted, I'm probably terrible at explaining it). But once I stopped trying to convince him, and just did my thing, he saw that I have more energy, and that I do *seem* to be getting slimmer (hard to tell this early, might be wishful thinking). Now he's started slowly making more primal diet choices, even if he hasn't given up the bread and the beer yet. Can't really blame him, microbrews are probably what I miss most...very PNW of me I guess.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” -- Joseph Campbell

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Everett, here. I think I'm the only person in the park who can climb a tree. Wouldn't mind a primal buddy but Seattle eats a lot of gas.

GF/NP is offline Member

What strange timing.

I am actually in Seattle and it so happens I was just about to post the same thing! HA! Funny, but I had a anti-primal encounter last night with my dearest friend and realized that I can not talk to her about anything involved with my new lifestyle.

It is a common misconception that Seattlelites are open to new ideas...they are not.

Let me know if you would like to chat!

Christina

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    I'm in Tacoma. There is a Seattle Primal group on the forum. There is also a group on Meetup.com, I think it's called Western WA Paleo. Check it out!

tobias is offline Member
    I'm actually moving to Seattle next month alllllllll the way from the east coast and would love some primal friends! I don't know anyone in the city so it would be sweet to meet some people!

SeattleSaphire is offline Junior Member
    I would love to start a group, obviously I am not at the level some of you are but trying to get there. It would be nice to exchange recipes and maybe meetup sometime. I actually live in Lake Forest Park, WA

SeattleSaphire
    ms_aretha@hotmail.com

GF/NP is offline Member
    Great! here is my info too.

service10@yahoo.com

Mama_Pie is offline Junior Member
    I'm a ferry boat ride away, near the Kitsap Peninsula on Hood Canal. I've been Primal for 3 weeks and I feel great. Good luck to you!
    37 F Too many lbs
    Goal: Health

Started Primal 2011
    Restarted Primal March 2014

"Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy too."
    Fortune cookie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast