Thread: Fasting = Reset? page

dfast is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Hi all.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday period. I know I've certainly been a bit more lax with my diet over the past week or two. It's funny how the 'well I might as well make the most of it' mentality can take hold. Before you know it you've eaten a whole panettone and a loaf of plum bread!

Anyway, a couple of days ago I was starting to feel and see the effects of my overstretched 20% allowance - jeans felt a bit tighter and my abs were...cuddly. I decided, after one too many slices of rocky road, to fast for a few hours. It was 12pm, and I was at work. I've tried fasting in the past but usually ended up breaking it with a binge (a nasty cycle soon develops). This time was different and I fasted until 7am this morning, when after my workout I had a salad and a small steak (so 19 hours fasting). It's amazing how good I feel - my stomach feels 'tighter', I don't feel as heavy as I have been feeling and I have a new drive to stick to the PB as much as possible over the next few weeks.

The point of this topic is to find out whether or not you employ fasting as a tool to 'reset' yourself after significant dietary lapses, and if so, how effective you find it for keeping unwanted fat gain at bay.

Thanks!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

"Reset" is a nice way to look at it. I IF for at least 20 hours everyday (warrior's diet) and if you've followed my thread, I've never felt better. I don't do it to make up for mistakes, but it definitely helps.

So, yesterday I had a huge meal and ended it with lots of peanut butter... then I woke up this morning and my stomach feels flat again, ready to start over. No guilt! I still have 10 more hours of fasting to do and I'm sure my body will deal with all the "bad" stuff I possibly ate last night (though organic natural PB is, I think, not that bad.)

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

dfast is offline Member

I was quite amazed this morning that I looked so &#39;good&#39; after eating so much junk yesterday. I usually bloat up immensely, especially in my face, but not today. I do love the feeling of being &#39;light&#39; as well.

I have a few big lunches and dinners coming up and am planning to use this to my advantage; exercising around those times and fasting when I can.

I&#39;ve been on a primal roller coaster for a few weeks now. Tuesday night I had a Minestrone soup that was awesome but I didn&#39;t stuff myself. I was able to hold out for about 29 hours afterwards (my first attempt at a fast). I had a few slices of pepperoni and a handful of almonds before bed last night.

This morning I had 3 organic brown eggs and some bacon, and I feel AWESOME.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

dfast sometimes fasting allows us lose/stop retaining water, and that can make a big difference on how we look and feel. Not to mention the sluggish mood promoted by too much carbs.

Fasting is supposed to trigger tissue repair mechanisms, improve your insulin sensitivity, stabilize your system and put your body back on track for the next "hunt"

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull